Jazz 3 Development History

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
Gamerzonenation31w

Jazz 3 Development History

Post by Gamerzonenation31w »

So sorry about mentioning Jazz Jackrabbit 3D in Unreal 1 thread. As far as I Delacroix isn’t scared of me. As far as I know he took cold right now. So he told me that he’s taking rest right now. I decided to create rather a new thread instead of duplicating posts on Jazz 3 demo.
Anyway without any further redo let’s back to topic.
[url=https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .74336.png]
That’s Teenage,Grownup,Mature,Adult Princess Teknika Earlong. She was inspired by Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
I think that would be part of my own vision. Probably by working together Delacroix would probably be accepting some ideas and some of them he would rejecting.

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Re: Jazz 3 Development History

Post by LEOTCK »

How is this a jazz 3 developement "history" thread when the first thing you do is post a picture of your headcanon version of teknika? I don't see anything "technical" about her design either. God I wish there was an actual artwork of the Jazz children so there wouldn't be space for this. Maybe Dean Dodrill has something...but I don't want to imagine how it would look for you to ask him that.

well indeed you posted a piece of history in the other thread:
https://archive.org/details/jazzjackrab ... gndocument

but this isn't really epic games' stuff whoever uploaded it and converted to other formats, this was world tree games/orange games thing at most. And even orange games was barely a thing here unlike with jazz2, but I suppose I count Dean as being part of that more than the former.
my main project, pls read latest news

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-psx-r ... e-of-jrath

Gamerzonenation31w

LEOTCK wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 am
How is this a jazz 3 developement "history" thread when the first thing you do is post a picture of your headcanon version of teknika? I don't see anything "technical" about her design either. God I wish there was an actual artwork of the Jazz children so there wouldn't be space for this. Maybe Dean Dodrill has something...but I don't want to imagine how it would look for you to ask him that.

but this isn't really epic games' stuff whoever uploaded it and converted to other formats, this was world tree games/orange games thing at most. And even orange games was barely a thing here unlike with jazz2, but I suppose I count Dean as being part of that more than the former.
Well I guess it might okay to me. Well That’s why I did my own character designs. How unfortunate that probably there are no official character designs leaked at least unfortunately not yet. Probably I took a wrong approach about telling development history of Jazz Jackrabbit 3D. I’m also wishing to see Dean Dodrill’s original designs. So I wouldn’t have to make fanmade,unofficial redesign some characters myself included. As for Delacroix I heard from him that he took a cold,he’s ill and he told me by reinterpreting his words that he has a headache and fever. Probably job crunching time at job. Probably it’s none of my business,but I heard he’s working as waiter. But let’s back to topic to not stay off-topic for not way too much for not too long.

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

Gamerzonenation31w wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:11 am
LEOTCK wrote:

Well I guess it might okay to me. Well That’s why I did my own character designs. How unfortunate that probably there are no official character designs leaked at least unfortunately not yet. Probably I took a wrong approach about telling development history of Jazz Jackrabbit 3D. I’m also wishing to see Dean Dodrill’s original designs. So I wouldn’t have to make fanmade,unofficial redesign some characters myself included. As for Delacroix I heard from him that he took a cold,he’s ill and he told me by reinterpreting his words that he has a headache and fever. Probably job crunching time at job. Probably it’s none of my business,but I heard he’s working as waiter. But let’s back to topic to not stay off-topic for not way too much for not too long.
Well...I might as well try contacting him. But really, when I talk about rl I usually talk about myself and it is in context to explain why I've been missing or why I'm being depressed. Either way even that was deleted, but talking about details of others people lives? Come on keep that to private messages at most.

Gamerzonenation31w

Well I guess in case of Pyramidus I guess in one of earlier game builds there's no need for 3D level map concept arts,drafts,sketches,doodles,initially original official scrapped ideas. At least for instance,as an example Carrotus is playable already.
Except Tubelectric,Nightfrost,Diabolizz,Swirlpool,Superburger.
LEOTCK wrote:

Me too.
So how it should really look like? That one particular thread? Can you at least show me it,please?

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

dude you're more confused than confused travolta ever was. you know what thread I meant, the unreal one where you were asked to go here instead. I will confess this to you, I never studied the jazz3 document much in detail until you brought it up, i assumed somehow tubelectric was meant to be a diff planet, but it was a dream world here instead and such. But with the design doc and everything it should be possible to make a complete jazz3 game indeed or an unreal mod.

I am really much more interested in the unreal betas on themselves and it really pains me that there are still several betas waiting to be recovered/re-recovered. In fact I got to the jazz 3d stuff while hunting for Unreal betas and got mostly this instead. I might be willing to more actively help with the jazz3d stuff if more stuff gets going on the Unreal side.

Gamerzonenation31w

Oh okay. Dream world kind of like Dream Level in Ratchet and Clank Size Matters? Delacroix suggested me it as his vision to be as Unreal game mod.
LEOTCK wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:27 pm
dude you're more confused than confused travolta ever was. you know what thread I meant, the unreal one where you were asked to go here instead. I will confess this to you, I never studied the jazz3 document much in detail until you brought it up, i assumed somehow tubelectric was meant to be a diff planet, but it was a dream world here instead and such. But with the design doc and everything it should be possible to make a complete jazz3 game indeed or an unreal mod.

I am really much more interested in the unreal betas on themselves and it really pains me that there are still several betas waiting to be recovered/re-recovered. In fact I got to the jazz 3d stuff while hunting for Unreal betas and got mostly this instead. I might be willing to more actively help with the jazz3d stuff if more stuff gets going on the Unreal side.
But how are you expecting it to find more interested people for instance,as an example especially these days,nowadays tell more details about your own ideas,suggestions,please?

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

why do you write those unecessary/self repeating sentences like "an example especially these days, nowadays" like its quadruple redundant, come on now.

And I really have no clue dude...

Gamerzonenation31w

I don’t know why maybe it’s some sort of menthal disorder. Honestly I’m not a doctor myself. I guess I don't to mention one of ancient greek mythologies of King Sisyphous(including internet memes(meaning of life-my and others people like me existentional crisis in nutshell). Should I give up? Including Monthy Python Bright Side of Life in symbolical nutshell. Also Tommy Wiseau got that European finnish accent of english language. It’s not even his polish language. Ken Penders lawsuited by Sega,Archie Comics,Nintendo,Sonic Team(Sonic the Hedgehog creators),Electronic Arts,BioWare violating their DMCA,NDA,copyrights infringement,lawsuits. But let's focus on Jazz Jackrabbit.
I’m afraid Jazz Jackrabbit videogame series industry entertainment might never be popular. That might be impossible. Had you ever read Albert Camus’s book novel literature Sisyphous Myth and Jean Baudrillard’s Simulacra and Simulation?
Last edited by Gamerzonenation31w on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Alright, can you two please stay on topic? The topic here is not the members or their mental situations. If you have nothing else to say about the forum topic then stay out of it, but if I see any more discussion about someones mental situation or chat about other members I will start handing out immediate bans and the topic will be locked and buried, and trust me, i will cast a very wide ban net...

If a topic is considered to be in violation of our policies then report it, don't discuss it! Let the staff deal with it.

Now get back on topic and keep all the personal drama off this forum, period. I won't repeat myself again.

Thank you.
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Gamerzonenation31w

Well could I or we all at least expect even more leaks? I guess Epic Games stopped caring about that one particular videogame.

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

mrpijey wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Alright, can you two please stay on topic? The topic here is not the members or their mental situations. If you have nothing else to say about the forum topic then stay out of it, but if I see any more discussion about someones mental situation or chat about other members I will start handing out immediate bans and the topic will be locked and buried, and trust me, i will cast a very wide ban net...

If a topic is considered to be in violation of our policies then report it, don't discuss it! Let the staff deal with it.

Now get back on topic and keep all the personal drama off this forum, period. I won't repeat myself again.

Thank you.
Us two? Pardon? Once you start putting me in the same bag as him then its over. I was trying to make him understand and this is what I get. Well whatever I don't need to be here.

I stayed on topic, in each of my posts it was about the game also, when I said I have no clue I was answering him the other question while also being puzzled about what he writes. If you can't see the huge difference between me and him and that I actually try to research stuff to know what I'm talking about then it is over.

I went here expecting free civilized discussion and research and that's apparently not the case.

But you'll see, I'll be gone and he'll continue spamming like he does everywhere else and then you'll be wishing I was still here. So he can take his menthos menthol eucalyptus DISCorders and take them up to eleven. Yes, I'm making fun of his speech now.

Again to have my part of this 'ON TOPIC' I am going to respond and say to him:

No, again I don't think there will be any more leaks of jazz3d stuff, this is all there is/was except some very early maps/concepts that seem to be forever lost and maybe some personal pieces of the individual team members.

Gamerzonenation31w

So I guess the rest will still remain a mystery. I guess it's still unknown how really Jazz and Eva kids might look like. So how's that conversation in this very thread should look like? Do I sounds like having language barriers myself?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

LEOTCK wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:32 pm

Us two? Pardon? Once you start putting me in the same bag as him then its over. I was trying to make him understand and this is what I get. Well whatever I don't need to be here.

I stayed on topic, in each of my posts it was about the game also, when I said I have no clue I was answering him the other question while also being puzzled about what he writes. If you can't see the huge difference between me and him and that I actually try to research stuff to know what I'm talking about then it is over.

I went here expecting free civilized discussion and research and that's apparently not the case.
And yet you went off topic now by arguing it and making it less "civilized" instead of the opposite. Really? You do not want to continue this line of argument, trust me.

Take a hint and continue on topic please, follow the rules and proper code of conduct of this forum.

Thank you.

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

Perhaps our ideas of civilized and what it means to stay on topic are different. In my world, making other remarks is fine as long as you discuss it. Perhaps the guidelines should be changed to say "fascist dictatures" to reflect the actual state of things, don't you think? I didn't really argue, you keep coming to the topics and starting an argument how discussions should be lead.

civilized != dictatorial

Guide means to guide...it doesn't mean it needs to be strictly enforced all the time.

Now to stay on topic:

Maybe one day someone can contact Dean succesfuly (I tried but failed) to ask if he ever drew the Jazz kids even if they were sketches...

Gamerzonenation31w

So more like brainwashing,propaganda,zombie,fetishes?
Or rather procrastrination I guess it has nothing to do with ADHD I’m not doctor myself it might be so called reverse psychology.
I think I contacted Dean Dodrill once on Twitter regarding Jazz Jackrabbit spiritual successor nicknamed Blues Armstrong not Jazz Jackrabbit by reinterpreting his words when I said of what if he could help me he said that he would do it in the 90’s of the XX century on Twitter social media as far as I know to remember.

LEOTCK
FTP Access

Post by LEOTCK »

Yea well I don't have a twitter acount but oh my god thanks for the good laugh. I wish I could ask him about the Jazz kids because I am curious myself.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

LEOTCK wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 pm
Perhaps our ideas of civilized and what it means to stay on topic are different. In my world, making other remarks is fine as long as you discuss it. Perhaps the guidelines should be changed to say "fascist dictatures" to reflect the actual state of things, don't you think? I didn't really argue, you keep coming to the topics and starting an argument how discussions should be lead.

civilized != dictatorial
You really had to go there didn't you... The rules apply to everyone, and they are not open to your personal interpretation. You were clearly warned multiple times, you had several chances to resolve this quietly in several different ways and you ignored it.

You don't go offtopic, you don't argue with other members about how they behave or not behave, and you definitely don't ignore staff multiple warnings to knock it off. You stay on topic, and at the very least you report a post that is in conflict with this forum guidelines. And you listen to the moderators even if you may disagree with their decisions. If you have an issue with that then you can politely challenge that in a private PM, not in public.

I am sorry to do this, but I am giving you a month timeout to think things over.

I expect you have read the rules and understood them by the time your temporary ban expires in 30 days.

I am tempted at locking this thread as it contains more irrelevant offtopic content than on topic, but I will leave it open for the time being hoping it will shape into a productive discussion by you or others. Or at the very least not become worse than this is.

Gamerzonenation31w

LEOTCK wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:26 pm
Yea well I don't have a twitter acount but oh my god thanks for the good laugh. I wish I could ask him about the Jazz kids because I am curious myself.
Well yeah. Me too. I absolutely agree with you.
[url=https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... r.5524.png]
https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .52537.png
https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .53566.png
https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .91761.png