Interesting bug in Control Panel

Discuss Windows 11 and newer.
KTRMAmbiance

Interesting bug in Control Panel

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

Came across this when messing with the (now deprecated) Control Panel in Windows 11; clicking the Up button brings you to a Windows 10-style Ribbon explorer rather than the new one. This is in version 21H2 by the way.

For further proof, here's the new explorer and the Ribbon one resulted from the bug:

anonymous74
FTP Access

Re: Interesting bug in Control Panel

Post by anonymous74 »

Wow, that's actually a really cool bug! I might actually use that on my secondary laptop that I actually put Windows 11 on. Just more evidence of how poorly build Windows 11 is...
My chosen virtual machine programs:
Windows 9x+, Intel macOS: VMware Workstation Pro 16
Older than 9x: PCEm
PPC Mac OS: QEMU

Current Projects: Installing every beta build of Windows Me in VMware (viewtopic.php?p=468094#p468094)
Past Projects: Installing every beta build of Windows XP, Longhorn, Vista, and Windows 7 in VMware (https://www.betaarchive.com/wiki/index. ... nonymous74)

Nguyen Thien Minh

Post by Nguyen Thien Minh »

Oh, and that bug still isn't fixed in Windows 11 Nickel. *sighs* Really, Microsoft?
I'd wish I got FTP access here, but I frickin' can't because of the UUP restriction and I'm a lot younger here! So do me a favor - Upload every OS on the FTP to the Internet Archive or something!

somerone

Post by somerone »

Nguyen Thien Minh wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:47 am
Oh, and that bug still isn't fixed in Windows 11 Nickel. *sighs* Really, Microsoft?
Latest Copper build still has this bug. So you can't expect them to fix it in Nickel.

xelloss
Donator

Post by xelloss »

Nguyen Thien Minh wrote:
Have you reported it? 🤔

Nguyen Thien Minh

Post by Nguyen Thien Minh »

somerone wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:33 pm
Nguyen Thien Minh wrote:
Latest Copper build still has this bug. So you can't expect them to fix it in Nickel.
I mean, Nickel's RTM'd already, so you'd expect them to fix the bug after it appears in Windows 11 21H2...
xelloss wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:24 pm
Nguyen Thien Minh wrote:
Have you reported it? 🤔
Not yet, but about to do it now...
EDIT: Done!
I'd wish I got FTP access here, but I frickin' can't because of the UUP restriction and I'm a lot younger here! So do me a favor - Upload every OS on the FTP to the Internet Archive or something!