Any info on Windows Codename Idaho???

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
Windows2005

Any info on Windows Codename Idaho???

Post by Windows2005 »

In this post -> (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archiv ... -codenames) Chris Smith references a new codename/prototype after XP codenamed Idaho. does anyone have any info/build lists or old posts regarding information about windows Idaho?

some info I found was back in 2011 when BetaArchive member WinPc made the following quote
I'm currently working on a revitalization of the Microsoft OS checklist for The Beta Group and AbandoNet. One of the things I'm doing is transcribing my November 2008 version of the old list that I released on the OSBetaGroup (now known as AbandoNet) into an easier-to-manage format; anyway, I recently got to the "Idaho"/"Longhorn" builds, and also finished all the alphas of "Longhorn", and as such, if anyone would like a copy of the checklist, even though it's for The Beta Group and AbandoNet, I'll send it to anyone who wants it, as long as the other people involved in this project approve of it (it is possible that I might have to remove some information that certain people might not want circulating outside of their groups, but I certainly won't have to remove any Longhorn builds).

However, if anyone would like it posted publically, I could instead post the "Idaho"/"Longhorn" list here without sending anyone the entire list.
This could confirm the possibility of an early Longhorn/Idaho build list! but again could be fake. It would also be useful to know what NT version it would be. so If you have any info, tell me about it!
Offtopic Comment
If your looking for a longhorn build list it could be found at http://taylorsvideos.weebly.com/files.html!

Meow

Re: Any info on Windows Codename Idaho???

Post by Meow »

Windows2005 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:28 pm
In this post -> (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/archiv ... -codenames) Chris Smith references a new codename/prototype after XP codenamed Idaho. does anyone have any info/build lists or old posts regarding information about windows Idaho?

some info I found was back in 2011 when BetaArchive member WinPc made the following quote
I'm currently working on a revitalization of the Microsoft OS checklist for The Beta Group and AbandoNet. One of the things I'm doing is transcribing my November 2008 version of the old list that I released on the OSBetaGroup (now known as AbandoNet) into an easier-to-manage format; anyway, I recently got to the "Idaho"/"Longhorn" builds, and also finished all the alphas of "Longhorn", and as such, if anyone would like a copy of the checklist, even though it's for The Beta Group and AbandoNet, I'll send it to anyone who wants it, as long as the other people involved in this project approve of it (it is possible that I might have to remove some information that certain people might not want circulating outside of their groups, but I certainly won't have to remove any Longhorn builds).

However, if anyone would like it posted publically, I could instead post the "Idaho"/"Longhorn" list here without sending anyone the entire list.
This could confirm the possibility of an early Longhorn/Idaho build list! but again could be fake. It would also be useful to know what NT version it would be. so If you have any info, tell me about it!
Offtopic Comment
If your looking for a longhorn build list it could be found at http://taylorsvideos.weebly.com/files.html!
It looks like it was a different codename for Longhorn, probably in it’s early stages when it was basically what 3790 is.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

It's worth noting that old build lists are extremely unreliable and contain quite a lot of bull.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

TinaMeineKatze
FTP Access

Post by TinaMeineKatze »

AlphaBeta wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am
It's worth noting that old build lists are extremely unreliable and contain quite a lot of bull.
Yes, I must certainly agree to this, sadly. Back then, the... epistemologic standards... for adding things unto such lists were quite low; same with the way stuff was archived mostly in general (ie. only ISO is enough).

Windows315

Post by Windows315 »

I asked one of my friends about it and they said it was an early prototype after XP created sometime in early 2001 Before it was scrapped for the Blackcomb/Longhorn project in April/May 2001.

I assume maybe some early builds could POSSIBBLY exist but I doubt it.
I also want to note that longhorn's first codename was really Whistler+1 and Blackcomb was planned way before longhorn so they probably wouldn't have chose Idaho as a early codename for Longhorn/W2003 (again I may be wrong) due to Blackcomb being referenced in late 2000/early 2001.

I would really would like to know the NT version number though. build numbers could be possibly maybe in the 3xxx range or 24xx/25xx range before cancellation/replacement (SRV03 started at 3505 so it could have been like 3463 or somth) and NT could have been 6.0 before cancellation (5.5, 5.90 too)

Also does anyone have status on WinPC's build list? He started it back in 2011 but I couldn't find any info. Any file versions of this build could help!

I can ask my friend to look through his older computer to see if there is any other info regarding this build. :beta: :beta:
and even if the old build lists are bull, we could see what the build range could have POSSIBBLY been.

i spent like 2 hours writing this post lol