Greaseweazle images and BetaArchive

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
hamartetikon

Greaseweazle images and BetaArchive

Post by hamartetikon »

I did not find any previous topic about Greaseweazle (GW) floppy-disk reader/writer as an alternative for KryoFlux (KF).

I am considering buying a GW and I wonder if I can upload the floppy images dumped by it to BetaArchive in future? I know the KF is the standard here, but is there any possibility to include the GW to accepted formats?

GW is a lot cheaper compared to KF and it is open source. I am not aware about possible technical limitations, but I am interested to learn more if someone has any experience.

JustZisGuy

Re: Greaseweazle images and BetaArchive

Post by JustZisGuy »

I have not tried a Greaseweazle, but as far as I know it ouputs to SuperCard Pro format. Since it is a flux device, the content of the SCP file should be esentially the same as an actual SuperCard Pro.

The SuperCard Pro format appears to be accepted here just fine.

hamartetikon

Re: Greaseweazle images and BetaArchive

Post by hamartetikon »

JustZisGuy wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:21 am
I have not tried a Greaseweazle, but as far as I know it ouputs to SuperCard Pro format. Since it is a flux device, the content of the SCP file should be esentially the same as an actual SuperCard Pro.

The SuperCard Pro format appears to be accepted here just fine.
Thanks for the info, JustZisGuy! I just ordered the GreaseWeazle V4. As soon as it arrives, I will make some tests and dump some of my floppy games that have been queued for too long. At that point I might need someone to help in testing the SuperCard Pro dumps made by GW to ensure that my process is valid and useful for other here.