why did Microsoft Replace the blueish Login background from 4042 to the black one from 4074?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Gibson_Chaos

why did Microsoft Replace the blueish Login background from 4042 to the black one from 4074?

Post by Gibson_Chaos »

i just wanna know why they replaced it with a black background thats in 4074, it feels like a downgrade to be honest

daemonspudguy
FTP Access
Location: Beverly, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, Universe, Multiverse

Re: why did Microsoft Replace the blueish Login background from 4042 to the black one from 4074?

Post by daemonspudguy »

Both the Plex and Slate styles were always meant to be placeholders, so they were changed. A lot.
"You can't catch me! I'll be gone by the time they come. You can't catch me! The war is already won. Even though the children have sold their guns, we must remember the fallen ones."
-Avicii, 2015

WinXPFan

Re: why did Microsoft Replace the blueish Login background from 4042 to the black one from 4074?

Post by WinXPFan »

Simple: It was a placeholder. During development of many software (Even OSes), a placeholder is used, for instance, in some Icons, bitmaps, or etc...
I love Windows XP!
Windows XP Lives forever! :beta: :beta: :D :D

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

because they wanted to? not sure what answer OP even expects
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

dixieLH

Post by dixieLH »

he is probably young and interested... nothing wrong with that... i used to droll over minor things in LH :P

as for answer, just accept that Longhorn was much experimented with and alot things changed along...
so did "art"

Googulator
FTP Access

Post by Googulator »

The blue background was replaced with nothing (transparency), not a black background. The black is just what shows up because the SYSTEM user has no default wallpaper set in these builds. This change was likely meant to enable OEMs to brand the login screen by setting a wallpaper for the SYSTEM user. If this login screen remained through the RTM, there would have likely been a default wallpaper set for SYSTEM by then.