skywalker06
Donator

How many people have upgraded to Windows 11

Post by skywalker06 »

Yes I have upgraded my PC, have you

Meow

Re: How many people have upgraded to Windows 11

Post by Meow »

I don’t actually use Windows on my main computer but on another laptop I will not upgrade from 10.
Windows 10 should've been named Windows X

AyamiOoruri29
FTP Access

Post by AyamiOoruri29 »

Actually since my laptop cannot upgraded to Windows 11, i'll just stay Windows 10 either. I have 3 laptop since i'm sticking Windows 7 and 10 (1803 and 1809).
Discord: @PopuriO2#7783

dixieLH

Post by dixieLH »

never on 8
never on 10
never on 11

Meow

Post by Meow »

AyamiOoruri29 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:35 pm
Actually since my laptop cannot upgraded to Windows 11, i'll just stay Windows 10 either. I have 3 laptop since i'm sticking Windows 7 and 10 (1803 and 1809).
You can patch the iso to bypass the requirements.

JimOlive
FTP Access
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

The specs can be bypassed in multiple ways, so option 4 is not an excuse. Anyways, I upgraded to Windows 11 when 21996 leaked, and have been on pretty much every Dev build. Currently on 22478.

skywalker06
Donator

Post by skywalker06 »

Win 11 says my CPU isn't supported so I used the registry key trick to upgrade from 10. After upgrade I removed the registry key and the day after I got a cumulative update. Net upgrade, defender update and malicious scanner tool. Even tho I got a warning during upgrade that I won't get security update. My CPU is a i5 6500 running at 3.3ghz

jpavatargirl
FTP Access

Post by jpavatargirl »

I'm staying on 10 for the foreseeable future. Microsoft's requirements for 11 are just stupid and I won't support that

JimOlive
FTP Access
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

jpavatargirl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:00 pm
I'm staying on 10 for the foreseeable future. Microsoft's requirements for 11 are just stupid and I won't support that
Just bypass them, lol. You're missing out.

anonymous74
FTP Access

Post by anonymous74 »

I'm sticking with Windows 10 for various reasons, but I've installed 11 on an old Core 2 Duo laptop and it runs very well, all you really need to get it running well is an SSD.
My chosen virtual machine programs:
Windows 9x+, Intel macOS: VMware Workstation Pro 16
Older than 9x: PCEm
PPC Mac OS: QEMU

Current Projects: Installing every beta build of Windows 7 in VMware (viewtopic.php?t=43052)
Past Projects: Installing every beta build of Windows XP, Longhorn, and Vista in VMware (https://www.betaarchive.com/wiki/index. ... nonymous74)

jpavatargirl
FTP Access

Post by jpavatargirl »

JimOlive wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm
jpavatargirl wrote:
I had tried earlier Windows 11 builds, I really don't like a lot of the changes. Some of them are great (the overall visual design, for example), but the rest just interrupt my workflow. I want to like it, I just don't sadly. I feel the same way about 10 honestly. 8 and earlier were fine to me overall.

Ventline

Post by Ventline »

jpavatargirl wrote:
I agree with that. It seems their pursuit for a more secure edition of Windows has left many behind. In addition, I don't trust the workarounds because I only have one computer to use for everything.
On a scale of 1 to Windows Vista, how is your day?

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Hmm no option to say "No, I am not sticking to even 10."

No I am not downgrading even further to 11.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

Magirus - Deutz
FTP Access

Post by Magirus - Deutz »

and no option to say "No, my PC doesn't meet the specs and I sticking with Windows 10 even if my pc meet the specs"
The weird man.

The legendary OS is Windows XP

Meow

Post by Meow »

Magirus - Deutz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm
and no option to say "No, my PC doesn't meet the specs and I sticking with Windows 10 even if my pc meet the specs"
“No am sticking with 10”

Blue Horizon
FTP Access

Post by Blue Horizon »

Perhaps I should direct you (and others) to these two videos to tell you why I oppose of that statement, seeing as how so many people are saying they want to upgrade to 11 without acknowledging Microsoft's past sins:

Time code is 41:59 in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgLH6CKjeM&t=2519s

xelloss
Donator

Post by xelloss »

Blue Horizon wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:30 am
Perhaps I should direct you (and others) to these two videos to tell you why I oppose of that statement, seeing as how so many people are saying they want to upgrade to 11 without acknowledging Microsoft's past sins:
"Past sins". Somehow whenever people talk about MS they have to adopt ethical/religious lingo that they'd never apply to any other company.
And I have to hear that 4 GB RAM, worth $20, are an outrageous system requirement.

I am deeply dissatisfied with this unnecessary, largely cosmetic upgrade that needlessly forces me to change some of the interactions I was used to. But that's all.

viper
VIP

Post by viper »

Main Rig - No
I did install Win11 on a External SSD that boots from whichever PC I plug it into though.

TheRadeonCloud
FTP Access

Post by TheRadeonCloud »

The hardware requirements for Windows 11 is just not for me.

jpavatargirl
FTP Access

Post by jpavatargirl »

xelloss wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:33 am
Blue Horizon wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:30 am
"Past sins". Somehow whenever people talk about MS they have to adopt ethical/religious lingo that they'd never apply to any other company.
And I have to hear that 4 GB RAM, worth $20, are an outrageous system requirement.

I am deeply dissatisfied with this unnecessary, largely cosmetic upgrade that needlessly forces me to change some of the interactions I was used to. But that's all.
I think you know 4 GB isn't what the big deal is, lol. TPM is the major one, along with lack of proper support for pretty much any CPU before ~2017.

xelloss
Donator

Post by xelloss »

jpavatargirl wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 pm
I think you know 4 GB isn't what the big deal is, lol. TPM is the major one, along with lack of proper support for pretty much any CPU before ~2017.
But how is that a problem? MS decides not to support your 4 year old system? Funny, not so many years ago such a system would have been good for the scrapyard: you wouldn't even think of upgrading it to the new OS. By telling you not to upgrade to Win 11 MS is doing you a great favour, because Win 11 is a cosmetic upgrade that *you don't need* and makes the everyday use worse.

dixieLH

Post by dixieLH »

problem, or not, depends who thinks how
to me its not problem but blessing

that old HW components still work, i use HW from ~2007
and i really dont need better, if it would live 10 more years (and it probably will except GPU as they die more rapid)
i'd still use it, just on LINUX, and probably will, because stupid GPU drop support on winblows

jpavatargirl
FTP Access

Post by jpavatargirl »

xelloss wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 pm
jpavatargirl wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 pm
But how is that a problem? MS decides not to support your 4 year old system? Funny, not so many years ago such a system would have been good for the scrapyard: you wouldn't even think of upgrading it to the new OS. By telling you not to upgrade to Win 11 MS is doing you a great favour, because Win 11 is a cosmetic upgrade that *you don't need* and makes the everyday use worse.
Oh, I know. That doesn't mean it's acceptable now, though. PCs from 2008 are still perfectly usable on a daily basis, and are a great (and cheap) option for people who don't have a lot of money to spend on PCs. You're right though, Windows 11 is something that shouldn't be wanted anyway. It doesn't change that Microsoft is taking this route both to force security on consumers (which is fine, they're just doing it totally wrong), and to force potential upgrades for the people who want it.