thinking about downgrading

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
ashton the cabbit

thinking about downgrading

Post by ashton the cabbit »

i hear windows 11 comes out in.. 4 days?! wow. well i love and prefer older os. i was thinking windows 7. or could look into linux since i never really payed attnetion to linux. i want to know which version this is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGlhRaUnbM it looks intresting. but im fixed on windows 7 most. or should i not upgrade at all? i want a few opinions before i make my final decision

(first post btw :-P )

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Re: thinking about downgrading

Post by JimOlive »

Use Windows 11 or, if you really want to hold on to it, Windows 10, on your main PC.

bobsleigh

Post by bobsleigh »

ashton the cabbit wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:37 am
i want to know which version this is
From the logo on the start button, it looks like LXDE

If you choose not to stay with Windows. a common version of Linux for people switching for the first time from windows is Linux Mint which is designed to resemble Windows.
ashton the cabbit wrote:
I'd say welcome to the forum but I'm still new myself ;)

chrisjose1913
Donator

Post by chrisjose1913 »

ashton the cabbit wrote:
i hear windows 11 comes out in.. 4 days?! wow. well i love and prefer older os. i was thinking windows 7. or could look into linux since i never really payed attnetion to linux. i want to know which version this is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGlhRaUnbM it looks intresting. but im fixed on windows 7 most. or should i not upgrade at all? i want a few opinions before i make my final decision

I must admit I love Windows 7 also. The issue with it not, it's unsupported beyond payed updates for cooperate systems now. You will likely be okay using Windows 7 providing you are careful, but the risk of using it growing daily as new exploits are found. id advise just sticking with windows 10 if you don't like 11. I second bobsleigh suggestion in trying Linux Mint, I used Linux Mint for years

Joet BERNARD

Post by Joet BERNARD »

My old MS-Net is unable to install XP without error, I thinks I'll install Debian and Cinnamon (his Pentium 4 1.4 or 1.5 GHz don't support SSE3 and x86_64...).

My E-System may be compatible with 10, but is limited to 1 or 2 GB of RAM :? I can't install Windows 11 (Pentium 4 515)

My Packard Bell iMedia is unable to install any Windows from CD or USB. You need to launch install like update — but just update will fail — and use a "Personalized install" in another partition and hoping for the success of the install. He's incompatible with 11, obviously (Celeron G1620)

I've an old Jumper tablet PC but I don't know if 11 will be compatible with it ? (Atom x5-Z8350)

My main, a Lenovo laptop, have already 11 in the Nickel branch (Ryzen 5 4500U)
French only
Home of Signé JARB
My hardware collection not totally up to date...
My NEW Discord server

vbdasc

Post by vbdasc »

Pentium 4 system unable to install Windows XP? This sounds like a hardware problem. I'm not sure that Linux will install (and run stable) anymore than Windows XP will.