[Offer] Mac OS 8.0 installation media for Umax clones (German)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
kitor

[Offer] Mac OS 8.0 installation media for Umax clones (German)

Post by kitor »

Recently I acquired two Umax licensed Macintosh clones, and was lucky to have original installation media with it.

I am not sure for which exact models this CD should be used. No such details are printed on cover and CD itself.
I received it with Umax Apus 3000 (known also as SuperMac C600) and Aegis 200 (Europe specific model), works on both devices.

From what I see on FTP there's only one Umax image, for Mac OS 7, so this will be good to preserve.

CD cannot be viewed on PC. I took my old Powerbook G4 to create images - Disk Utility on 10.4 allows me to create either .dmg or .cdr images (i believe .cdr can be then converted to ISO).
Which one should I upload?

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [Offer] Mac OS 8.0 installation media for Umax clones (German)

Post by mrpijey »

Your PC doesn't need to "view" the disc, it only has to read it. If you use Alcohol120% it will be dumped properly.

Please dump and scan this according to our guidelines and we'll archive it.

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP