Microsoft Device Emulator skins?

Discuss Windows Phone 7, 8, 10, Windows CE, .Net and Windows Mobile.
Windowsbegood

Microsoft Device Emulator skins?

Post by Windowsbegood »

I was playing around with the MSDevice Emulator (WinMobile 2003SE - 6.5.3) when I began getting a bit bored with the default skin, so I decided to get more skins for the emulator. I was able to find a skin for the HTC HD2 but it was too big for my laptop, and I could not find other skins I could use. I would like to know if someone has emulator skins like the following, or if someone could show me how to make my own ones (I have an HP Jornada 540 I would like to make a skin of for the PPC2002 emulator).

Windows Alpha Test Release :beta: :beta: :beta: :OD

ljcool2006

Re: Microsoft Device Emulator skins?

Post by ljcool2006 »

Offtopic Comment
Where did you find the download for the Microsoft Device Emulator? I've been trying to find it with no luck.

Windowsbegood

Post by Windowsbegood »

ljcool2006 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:56 am
Offtopic Comment
Where did you find the download for the Microsoft Device Emulator? I've been trying to find it with no luck.
Offtopic Comment
https://archive.org/details/microsoft_emulators
The 64 bit version works mostly fine in Windows 10 except for the cellular emulator.
Edit: Well I found this website on the Wayback Machine which has instructions on how to make skins for the Device Emulator, but it would be nice if someone had skins for the Motorola Q (it was apparently included with the Motorola Q plug-in for Visual Studio, but I couldn’t find a download), skins for Samsung devices (they were found on this link, however I can't get the zip file as it requires registration) or other WinMo OEM skins.
Windows Alpha Test Release :beta: :beta: :beta: :OD

dixieLH

Post by dixieLH »

you lucky then, i can't install x64 ver at all (on win7)