My customized Build 6801

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
arcadianblue

My customized Build 6801

Post by arcadianblue »

I decided to share a desktop screenshot of my Windows 7 Ultimate Build 6801. I found this build to be smooth and stable. I installed all C++ redistributions up to 2012, Net framework 4.0, BGInfo.exe for my custom conky and unlocked the suparbar with "BluePill" utility. This build featured a blue auro style logon screen, standard Vista aurora desktop wallpaper, some slightly different icons here and there, including the solution center "lighthouse" icon found on the taskbar. The "network strength" icon also appears more green then the later builds of Windows 7.

ImageImage

LePikaDuCoin_YT

Re: My customized Build 6801

Post by LePikaDuCoin_YT »

arcadianblue wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:36 pm
I decided to share a desktop screenshot of my Windows 7 Ultimate Build 6801. I found this build to be smooth and stable. I installed all C++ redistributions up to 2012, Net framework 4.0, BGInfo.exe for my custom conky and unlocked the suparbar with "BluePill" utility. This build featured a blue auro style logon screen, standard Vista aurora desktop wallpaper, some slightly different icons here and there, including the solution center "lighthouse" icon found on the taskbar. The "network strength" icon also appears more green then the later builds of Windows 7.

ImageImage
How you de-bombed it ?

arcadianblue

Post by arcadianblue »

I did on this build but can't post how to do on this forum. I will say that I used SPP folders, pkeyconfig.xrm-ms and tokens.dat from Vista SP1. Again, I cannot post the procedure on how to defuse the "Time Bomb" mechanism.
Last edited by arcadianblue on Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LePikaDuCoin_YT

Post by LePikaDuCoin_YT »

arcadianblue wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:45 pm
I did on this build but can't post how to do on this forum. I will say that I used SPP folders, pkeyconfig.xrm-ms and tokens.dat from Vista SP1 and copy/patched from that build to this build. The "Time Bomb" is still displaying end date but it no longer reboots/crashes in 2 hours of usage. Path of files are; C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat
C:\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig.xrm-ms. Again, I cannot post the producedure on how to defuse the "Time Bomb" mechanism.
I forgot that de-bombing methods are considered as a cracking method

johndoe123

Post by johndoe123 »

You can post your methods here. Posting links to pirated software is not allowed however discussing them is allowed. Since you aren't posting any links by showing us your method, you are technically discussing piracy which is allowed.

It would be interesting to know how you debombed it.
PC: 2020 MacBook Pro
CPU: M1
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Storage: 512GB

arcadianblue

Post by arcadianblue »

Well, I first changed my BIOS date to 06/06/14, installed Build 6801 completely offline, turn off updates, compiled a bat script that disables the activation technologies and services to stop the Time Bomb from triggering. I executed this script as administrator. I swapped in a blank hard drive and installed Vista SP1 on the computer and copied these files to a usb stick:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat
and %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\

Note: In 64-bit (x64) operating system, also perform the action in%SystemDrive%\Windows\SysWOW64\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\ folder.

Replace original hard drive back into my pc and took ownership of the same files in Build 6801 and cut/pasted them into other folders (in case I needed to restore them if system failed to function). Copy the files from the usb stick to the correct folders/locations. Open CMD as administrator and typed mcbuild.exe. Waited for it to do. Then rebooted the operating system. Next, I set date to correct date. Having a live linux distro on a bootable stick or dvd is handy for restoring or replacing files as needed in Windows. ;)

thasnolm_vn

Post by thasnolm_vn »

LePikaDuCoin_YT wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:05 pm
arcadianblue wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:36 pm

ImageImage
How you de-bombed it ?
They will often tamper with system files to remove the product key and timebomb

I have a Windows 7 build 6801 Debombed ISO file, do you want it?
Last edited by thasnolm_vn on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.