Site Errors

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
ATeamInc

Site Errors

Post by ATeamInc »

I seem to get site errors sometimes. Maybe around once a week or so. Different errors but usually like the one below. I wish I had kept the older screenshots. This also seems to affect the wiki (which usually loads much slower than the site, which is odd).

x010
Staff

Re: Site Errors

Post by x010 »

I have never seen the error you described, both in the forum and the wiki.
As for the slowdown that you mention, how bad is it? Can you try changing the skin (to Vector/Monobook) and letting me know if that helps?

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

At midnight UK time the mysql service gets restarted. This could be what you're seeing and lasts only a few seconds.

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

Andy wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:31 am
At midnight UK time the mysql service gets restarted. This could be what you're seeing and lasts only a few seconds.
I guess that's what I saw at 02:00AM local time. But I wonder if it also restarts some other time? This is not limited to that time, last time I saw an access denied error it was about 06:00PM local time (so 4:00PM UK time, I guess?). I'll update this topic if this happens at some other random time.
x010 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:53 am
As for the slowdown that you mention, how bad is it? Can you try changing the skin (to Vector/Monobook) and letting me know if that helps?
I personally use the Vector skin. But even on the default skin (when I am not logged in for instance), it seems to still happen.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

ATeamInc wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:50 am
x010 wrote:
I personally use the Vector skin. But even on the default skin (when I am not logged in for instance), it seems to still happen.
Has this been happening for long, or did you notice this recently?

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

x010 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:49 am
ATeamInc wrote:
x010 wrote:
As far as I can tell, it has been happening since at least February or so. I rarely ever visited the Wiki back then, but now it's different.
It has gotten a little better this morning however, I'm not sure what changed.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

ATeamInc wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm
x010 wrote:
ATeamInc wrote:
x010 wrote:
As far as I can tell, it has been happening since at least February or so. I rarely ever visited the Wiki back then, but now it's different.
That would be placebo, because nothing had changed. I've however made a change just now, let me know if you get any effect on speed.

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

x010 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:40 pm
ATeamInc wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm
x010 wrote:
ATeamInc wrote:
x010 wrote:
That would be placebo, because nothing had changed. I've however made a change just now, let me know if you get any effect on speed.
I guess it's also quite better now. Large pages take a while (as expected) but most other pages like the main page are loading as fast as the forum. Thanks.