Here are the steps to make shortcuts to Shut down (Or restart) Windows Neptune without Hibernation!
1. Copy Shutdown.exe from C:\WINDOWS\system32 to your host desktop from a Windows XP Virtual machine (For VirtualBox users you may create a shared folder, just Google how).
2. Open an ISO maker and copy the Shutdown.exe from the desktop into the ISO maker (I use PowerISO, there are many alternatives such as UltraISO, etc.).
3. Save the ISO in the directory where you remember (Now you could delete the Shutdown.exe on the desktop).
4. Open your Virtual machine software and Boot up the Windows Neptune VM
5. Change the disc to the one you made in the ISO maker.
6. In the VM, Open My Computer and Double click the CD drive.
7. Copy the Shutdown.exe by using Right click - Copy or CTRL+C Keyboard shortcut.
8. Go back to the My Computer Window using the back button.
9. Go to C:\WINNT\system32 and Paste the file using Right click - Paste or CTRL+V.
10. Restart the System using Start - Right Click "Power Off" and Selecting Restart to register the exe to the system.
11. When the System reboots, Right click on the desktop and Select New - Shortcut.
Code: Select all
shutdown.exe /s -t 00
13. Name the Shortcut anything you like. (E. g. Shut Down Instead) and click Finish
14. If you would like to Shut Down from the Start menu as usual, drag the shortcut at the top of the Start menu.
15. This step is optional. Change the Shortcut icon picture to something other by Right clicking the Shortcut and select Properties, then clicking the Change Icon button.
16. If you would like to have a restart icon, Do steps 11-15, but in step 12 put shutdown.exe /r -t 00 instead, and in step 13, name the Shortcut as Restart.
And you're done!