How to install VMTools on Whisler 2462?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Zhangshuyu
Location: Huangdao,Qingdao,Shandong,PRC,Earth,Galaxy,Universe

How to install VMTools on Whisler 2462?

Post by Zhangshuyu »

I have actived Whisler 2462,Timebomb have removed,and I upgraded to WMP9.How to install Tools?I want to use,the video drivers have installed.
Ver:Windows Whisler Build 2462 Professional Simp. Chinese edition

ATeamInc

Re: How to install VMTools on Whisler 2462?

Post by ATeamInc »

XP betas are known to have a faulty Windows Installer module. The system would simply reject the installation of any .msi files stating that "the system administrator has set policies to prevent the installation".

You can actually upgrade the included Windows Installer to 3.1, however the problem won't go away. There's no fix as far as I know. The only way to get it to work would be to upgrade from Windows 2000 to this build but I yet have to see the OS surviving an upgrade after VMware tools are installed.

I can't get from your post if you installed the drivers for the system or not. You can use "msiexec /a" on the installer package for XP tools to get the latest driver versions for your VMware version (do this on your host system and place the drivers in an iso file).

Zhangshuyu
Location: Huangdao,Qingdao,Shandong,PRC,Earth,Galaxy,Universe

Post by Zhangshuyu »

ATeamInc wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:33 pm
XP betas are known to have a faulty Windows Installer module. The system would simply reject the installation of any .msi files stating that "the system administrator has set policies to prevent the installation".

You can actually upgrade the included Windows Installer to 3.1, however the problem won't go away. There's no fix as far as I know. The only way to get it to work would be to upgrade from Windows 2000 to this build but I yet have to see the OS surviving an upgrade after VMware tools are installed.

I can't get from your post if you installed the drivers for the system or not. You can use "msiexec /a" on the installer package for XP tools to get the latest driver versions for your VMware version (do this on your host system and place the drivers in an iso file).
Thank you,I have installed video drivers,if I am going to upgrade from Windows 2000,that is too inconvenient,because I have already removed timebomb and activated,if I upgrade from Windows 2000,I have to do that again.

ToMi1

Post by ToMi1 »

Well, I do reccommend 86Box for installing this build, as you can choose any high resolution adapter in the list.

lurotech

Post by lurotech »

What I recommend is just use the VM as it is now.

SONBTV

Post by SONBTV »

lurotech wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:05 pm
What I recommend is just use the VM as it is now.
Or use this: https://longhorn.ms/download/vmware-7-0 ... ackage.zip