What "should" happen when installing Windows Vista prebeta2 on the current date?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
ATeamInc

What "should" happen when installing Windows Vista prebeta2 on the current date?

Post by ATeamInc »

Umm..

Where is the timebomb exactly? It installs fine but I did have to deal with activation first.

lurotech

Re: What "should" happen when installing Windows Vista prebeta2 on the current date?

Post by lurotech »

I think that all non-final Vista builds aren't even going to let you do the installation with the current date and if they do, you can't use these builds. You need to set the date to the point before the timebomb would explode to use it.

ATeamInc

Re: What "should" happen when installing Windows Vista prebeta2 on the current date?

Post by ATeamInc »

lurotech wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 pm
I think that all non-final Vista builds aren't even going to let you do the installation with the current date and if they do, you can't use these builds. You need to set the date to the point before the timebomb would explode to use it.
It let me install just fine. See image as well. -_-

dixieLH

Post by dixieLH »

yeh, but timebomb will kick in after 180 days
or whatever it is set up to

Joet BERNARD

Post by Joet BERNARD »

ATeamInc , your beta has expired since 3 minutes (in the screenshot 😂😂😂)
French only
Home of Signé JARB
My hardware collection not totally up to date...
My NEW Discord server