FTP Directory "(Beta) Games/PC/Other"

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
Darkstar
Donator

FTP Directory "(Beta) Games/PC/Other"

Post by Darkstar »

Today I stumbled over this directory on the FTP ("/(Beta) Games/PC/Other")

Why does that directory exist? First I thought it is for games that only have one beta release, but that doesn't seem to be the case since even under "Other" there are many games that have multiple releases (up to 5 or so)

So there must be a different reason for that extra directory.

Also, I would believe it would be easier to find if it were not named "Other" (since then it just gets lost in the middle of that large directory tree), but maybe something like "!Other", "_Other", "(Other)" or "#Other", so that it will stick at the top and to make it clear that it's not a game itself but a separate subdirectory with more games in it.

Maybe it could even be moved one level up, for example to /(Beta) Games/PC (Other)/...?
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: FTP Directory "(Beta) Games/PC/Other"

Post by mrpijey »

That's exactly what it's for, any PC game betas that aren't part of any larger compilation or where we don't have more than 5 builds of. Otherwise the file list becomes very large, so any small sets goes into Other.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP