Using DiscImageCreator with WH16NS60 MakeMKV 1.02 FW

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
neighborbough

Using DiscImageCreator with WH16NS60 MakeMKV 1.02 FW

Post by neighborbough »

Has anyone had luck using DiscImageCreator with the LG WH16NS60?

According to http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= ... patibility
they officially support 1.00 firmware but unconfirmed for others. I'm running 1.02 MakeMKV firmware.

Wondering if I may need to downgrade to 1.00 or if I might just be missing something. Disc I attempted to clone was pretty scratched. Alc 120% handled it fine in that same drive however. Is DiscImageCreator expecting a perfect disc?

Maybe someone here has some knowledge for me before I muck around with the firmware?

Voyambar

Re: Using DiscImageCreator with WH16NS60 MakeMKV 1.02 FW

Post by Voyambar »

I'd say if the disk was scratched then yeah it can fail. A120% is good for scratched media, it tends to be able to handle them better than other applications. No application expects a perfect disk but in some instances, if a disk is damaged enough (by scratches or whatever) then it will refuse to dump fully or at all in some applications.

Have you tried any other drives? Maybe you have some others laying around. I'd also try different DIC versions and could you tell me if it actually completed the dump but with errors or if it just halted completely.

neighborbough

Re: Using DiscImageCreator with WH16NS60 MakeMKV 1.02 FW

Post by neighborbough »

Yeah I ended up using Alc120 to get that disc.

I did try my regular generic tsst-corp dvd-rw drive and I remember getting the same error which makes me think it might be something on my end. Maybe a chipset driver or maybe I am using the wrong commands. I haven't used a different version I will try that with a clean disc on both drives. I'll try that gui version of DIC as well and see if that makes any difference.
When I tried it before it did not dump at all just errored before it could even start a dump.