I get Notification, but I coudn`t read it

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
ProMiNick

I get Notification, but I coudn`t read it

Post by ProMiNick »

When I tryed to read notification I got:
Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

Of cource I authorised.
Sorry, but I can`t refer to single person by You. My soul & spirit require acronim thou instead.

oscareczek

Re: I get Notification, but I coudn`t read it

Post by oscareczek »

Your topic was removed. Not without a reason.

ProMiNick

Post by ProMiNick »

I think it is bad behavior when notification about reason of topic removing is unviewable?

All what I remember: peoples with the only skill "TALKING ENGLISH" tryed to critic how I should code.
Sorry, but I can`t refer to single person by You. My soul & spirit require acronim thou instead.

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

Reasoning of removing topics go to DMs.

Let's just say a mod who removed this topic doesn't share your opinion, from my perspective the clipboard topic was a bunch of people trying to understand what you're trying to achieve while also struggling to understand your sentences.

ProMiNick

Post by ProMiNick »

In topic I gift clipboard viewer to all who like to play in old win95.
Because of no such analog for win95.
After my realization there were more discussions from peoples far from programming that they could code same thing too (but from their side that was only empty words).
But from me it was just gift. altruistic gift.

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

yourepicfailure wrote:The clipboard was available in Windows 95.
The API to support it was documented and available in… Windows 95.

Why you went through loops to decompile and throw assembly snippets into a Win32 C program is useless.
Especially when there is documentation and example to make it correctly in C.
You reinvented the wheel. I'm 99% certain what you found on online MSDN can be found on 1998-08 - 05 - MSDN Library, Visual Studio 6.0 Edition, Disc 1 or 1998-08 - 06 - MSDN Library, Visual Studio 6.0 Edition, Disc 2, made for a version of VS targeting Windows 95. You just made a bunch of code nobody is going to use (since making Windows asm apps is pretty useless, all the OS is made in C/C++ anyway, you don't get performance boost just for calling C functions in asm), then posted the entire binary in a post, for no reason in particular.
I reported a topic by saying it's pointless and a staff member agreed with me.

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

I found a non-FTP mirror of that in 2 minutes. It's really not hard and it doesn't even matter in this situation.

ProMiNick

Post by ProMiNick »

Thou prefer to discriminate peoples of third contries that have financial disadvantages?
Or thou dissapointed that ruses respect such peoples and tryed to make world to be more accesible for all: freeware, torrents, etc.
Stealing soft in our blood not because we are bad - we are Robin Hoods, we stealeng soft from rich IT companies that finances terroristic activities such as BLM & LGBT activities. And provide soft for free for all.

Why thou remove post?
thou prefer discriminate people with low money resources?
Or thou dislike that ruses respect that category of people?
Or because in russia BLM & LGBT activities - are terroristic activities?

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

ProMiNick wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 pm
Thou prefer to discriminate peoples of third contries that have financial disadvantages?
Or thou dissapointed that ruses respect such peoples and tryed to make world to be more accesible for all: freeware, torrents, etc.
Stealing soft in our blood not because we are bad - we are Robin Hoods, we stealeng soft from rich IT companies that finances terroristic activities such as BLM & LGBT activities. And provide soft for free for all.

Why thou remove post?
thou prefer discriminate people with low money resources?
Or thou dislike that ruses respect that category of people?
Or because in russia BLM & LGBT activities - are terroristic activities?
Please don't make incorrect claims.
Your topics were most likely removed as (at least from my perspective) the purpose of these topics wasn't clear. If you want further clarification send a PM to us. However, you should have received a PM whenever a topic is moved.

ProMiNick

Post by ProMiNick »

It is bad practice to link to closed from usual users part of site.
In some contries (I believe such exissts) people live for a 1$ a week.
If they got access to internet it is lowly likely that they would got money to pay for anything.
You prefer suppose that no such peoples.
I doing anything with knowledge that many peoples lives in less comfortable conditions than I.
So that will be more honesty if users will post links to free accessible resources instead of closed ones.

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

Stop playing the "Russia poor, give me everything" card, you won't achieve anything this way, maybe except for the ban. It's really easy to get FTP Access, just get any legally bought software, scan and rip it, then upload to FTP. More importantly, your topics removal had nothing to do with sharing free knowledge to everyone, because that's why MSDN has a free website full of examples that work on any Windows compiler you can imagine as long as you have required headers and lib files. Both are free since Visual Studio 2005 Express (which targets Windows 98 and up) and pirating the previous versions of Visual Studio is trivial: the working mirror for VS6 is literally the first result of Google search "Visual Studio 6 download" for me.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Enough of this nonsense.
  • Some topics are moved off the public forum which is why you can't access it. If you have a particular question about a moved topic you can contact a mod or admin.
  • Drop your nonsensical "thou" posting style. On this forum we write in plain modern English and it's the year 2020, not the 14th century.
  • Drop the completely irrelevant and widely inappropriate and out of context nonsense about discrimination and all that. If you want play a victim you do it elsewhere. Here you're expected to follow the same rules as everyone else, regardless of your personal qualities and attributes as we don't pay attention to any of that, this is a software preservation community. What you bring to the community in the form of knowledge, skills and/or content is the only thing that matters. Not your SJW nonsense.
And to everyone else: Don't feed the topic with more irrelevancies, report it and move on.

This topic is locked.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP