So, what is "proper scans"?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
msvetov

So, what is "proper scans"?

Post by msvetov »

I uploaded abandonware titles tp get FTP access three time and three time in a row my request was denied. the last one was denied due to the "unproper scans" of disc and data ring. so i remade scans to ask: are these scans proper? (the second one coudn't be uploaded due to the error of the image uploader so I used 3rd party image hoster): https://ibb.co/BPYnL9M

YourAverageJoe

Re: So, what is "proper scans"?

Post by YourAverageJoe »

Are you cropping the scans that you upload? From what I've heard, you aren't supposed to.
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!

computebrute
Donator

Post by computebrute »

Do not crop any scans, use a High DPI, make sure the discs are not crooked, remove dust to the best of your ability. There's always room for improvement.

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

For a CD scan, do a 600 DPI scan.

For example, here's an idea of a CD scan.

It's okay if there's a lot of buffer space around the CD. mrpijey will perform all the cropping and tweaking himself so you don't (and shouldn't) have to. My first upload I was scolded because I wanted to fix it up myself.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!