[REQUEST] Windows CE 1.0

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Windowsbegood

[REQUEST] Windows CE 1.0

Post by Windowsbegood »

Does anyone have Windows CE 1.0 that is NOT the desktop software?
Windows Alpha Test Release :beta: :beta: :beta: :OD

Meow

Re: [REQUEST] Windows CE 1.0

Post by Meow »

You need the device builder (or whatever that was called) to make any use of it. Each version of CE is built for a specific device.

Windowsbegood

Post by Windowsbegood »

Yeah does anyone have that?
Windows Alpha Test Release :beta: :beta: :beta: :OD

eyesolaris

Post by eyesolaris »

According to tool's docs development for Windows CE 1.x is possible with Visual C++ 5.0 and Windows CE Toolkit for Visual C++ 5.0 (these two are distinct products), the latter is dated 08 July 1997 (08.04.1997) (installer shows version 5.0.0.7079). It also certainly contains an emulator. I haven't tested it myself. It is somewhere on archive.org. Later version dated 4 December, 1997 (04.12.1997) (installer shows version 5.0.0.7338) can be used to develop for Windows CE 2.x and Windows CE 1.x, according to it's docs. This later version of toolkit is on WinWorld. Also both versions are in my personal collection :D.

GL1zdA

Post by GL1zdA »

Windowsbegood wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 am
Does anyone have Windows CE 1.0 that is NOT the desktop software?
If you mean the "Platform Builder", then there was an "OEM Adaptation Kit" (Oak), but I don't think it was available for anyone else than the OEMs who launched their Windows CE devices. The first software that let you create a "Windows CE" image was "Microsoft Windows CE Embedded Toolkit for Visual C++ 5.0" and it was for CE 2.01.