NVIDIA Drivers Crash Vista

New news and release discussion.
staforce

NVIDIA Drivers Crash Vista

Post by staforce »

Images removed. Read the rules.
Were you one of the many early Vista adopters who experienced crashing? Well don't go out and point your finger at Microsoft just yet. A recent study has shown that nearly 30% of Vista crashes(28.8% to be exact) in 2007 were due to NVIDIA drivers. That is an estimated 479,326 systems crashed due to the drivers.

Microsoft crashes came in second place with 17.9%. While NVIDIA's competitor; ATI, came in fourth in the single digits with only 9.3%. This is really going go pressure Intel because they have to support the incompatible chipsets. Hopefully in the near future we can see some improvement on the drivers compatibility[/img]

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

So thats why my vista installation in the first place starts good and when i have updated the machine its crashes by the loading bars, because the hold right after loading video drivers.
And after loading my video drivers the keyboard light doenst come back on.

Ah well, XP is still good, when new machine comes, it will have an Quad Core processor 4x2400 thats is very cheap only €180,- in stead of more then €600,-.
And performance is equal.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

I've not experienced a single crash yet and I've been using Vista for over 2 weeks now.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Andy wrote:I've not experienced a single crash yet and I've been using Vista for over 2 weeks now.
I think that my motherboard has issues with Vista.
In the Beta/RC it has run well and i have runed Vista RTM for over 4 months.
I have visited a camping trip, where i was the DJ with my Vista comp, all problems started after that, so i think my motherboard is broken, everything else is fine.

merty

Post by merty »

I think dodgy drivers happens to any operating system. Take for example our new family PC (Core2Quad, 4GB RAM, 8800GT and XP Pro) The drivers bundled with the 8800 caused the system to bluescreen sometimes on bootup. A visit to the nVidia site and downloading more recent drivers solved that problem .

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

merty wrote:I think dodgy drivers happens to any operating system. Take for example our new family PC (Core2Quad, 4GB RAM, 8800GT and XP Pro) The drivers bundled with the 8800 caused the system to bluescreen sometimes on bootup. A visit to the nVidia site and downloading more recent drivers solved that problem .
4GB RAM on XP Pro, pretty pointless combination.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Andy wrote:
merty wrote:I think dodgy drivers happens to any operating system. Take for example our new family PC (Core2Quad, 4GB RAM, 8800GT and XP Pro) The drivers bundled with the 8800 caused the system to bluescreen sometimes on bootup. A visit to the nVidia site and downloading more recent drivers solved that problem .
It's only pointless to you since DanielC forced you to install Vista ;p

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Andy wrote:
You can put 4 GB in, but XP only sees 3.2GB (or in that range).
So for XP keep it to 2GB, and 4GB or higher to Vista 64x.
Off course its your choice.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

happy dude wrote:
Andy wrote:
It's only pointless to you since DanielC forced you to install Vista ;p
He didn't force me, it was my own choice.

Dion

Post by Dion »

This operating system was in beta for how long, 5 years, probably the longest running of all microsoft betas.
You would have thought that to be plenty long enough for the manufacturers to have got thier act together.

merty

Post by merty »

Andy wrote:
Pointless, Probably but you try telling that to a family which thinks XP is the pinnacle of Operating Systems. Meaning I can't install Vista x64 edition.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

also 4gb sounds better to the average user, and can be added to advertising

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

Pointless, Probably but you try telling that to a family which thinks XP is the pinnacle of Operating Systems. Meaning I can't install Vista x64 edition.
Why can't you not listen to them?

merty

Post by merty »

Windows OCManage wrote:
Never said I didn't .
But I believe that possibly Vista X64 edition would possibly be a better option in this instance because purchased it to watch/record TV and to act as kinda a media centerl.
But it doesn't matter really, XP is working fine on all of the modern systems in the house and as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

Dualboot, show them how good it is then delete the XP partition. Sheesh!

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

merty wrote:
Windows OCManage wrote:
Never said I didn't .
But I believe that possibly Vista X64 edition would possibly be a better option in this instance because purchased it to watch/record TV and to act as kinda a media centerl.
But it doesn't matter really, XP is working fine on all of the modern systems in the house and as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.
If it can, upgrade it.
Its a wast of money to not use the full potention of your computer.