FTP outages and performance issues

Information and news about the website will be posted here.
mrpijey
Administrator

FTP outages and performance issues

Post by mrpijey »

Lately we've had more issues than usual with the performance of our FTP, where FTP speeds has dropped far below than expected and in general are too low and doesn't use available bandwidth.

This may be because of an issue with the virtualizing platform we're using (Hyper-V) so Andy and I are currently trying to track down the issues. The VPN (which the FTP traffic goes over) performs very badly while HTTP traffic over the same link works well but still well below expected speeds. Bad I/O performance on the storage network is also an issue. So I am currently testing various config scenarios on the file server and my infrastructure to see what's wrong.

During this time I will not have as much time with processing new releases, but I try to check for new member uploads when I can. Since this affects my infrastructure it has to take priority as I may be forced to rebuild my internal network which will require a lot of work. I expect to have some answers by the end of this week, with possible remedy the week after if not sooner.

If you happen to be an expert with tweaking Hyper-V settings or storage networks please do get in touch with us on Discord as you may have some technical insight into what the problems could be.

If there's something critical you need help with I am available on Discord and our moderators will help out with whatever you need as well.

Thanks for your understanding :).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: FTP outages and performance issues

Post by mrpijey »

FTP is back up. This should take care of the core speed issues.

There may be a few reboots more to finish up some other settings, but the FTP should come up fast now.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube