Gateway restore discs for Windows ME

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
technerd4

Gateway restore discs for Windows ME

Post by technerd4 »

I have a copy of my set of restore discs from my old gateway desktop with windows ME that I cant find anywhere I could see and I wanted to see if I could upload them on here so they can be used if they are needed by someone to help restore there old gateway computer

SAIYAN48

Re: Gateway restore discs for Windows ME

Post by SAIYAN48 »

Add them the archive.org too.

technerd4

Post by technerd4 »

SAIYAN48 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 am
that isnt a bad idea actually! do I have to be apart of the ftp to upload them? I can get the archive.org one now but I think I have to wait until I get approved to be on the ftp server on here :(

Voyambar

Post by Voyambar »

technerd4 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:34 am
SAIYAN48 wrote:
that isnt a bad idea actually! do I have to be apart of the ftp to upload them? I can get the archive.org one now but I think I have to wait until I get approved to be on the ftp server on here :(
BA doesn't accept OEM recovery media. You cannot get FTP access with this and they will also deny it instantly meaning they wont even host it. The only way to make it public is to put it on IA.

Also, for future reference, you can put it anywhere you want. Its your product and you don't have to wait to get it on the FTP first or wait for it to be approved before uploading to those places. Overdoze is a big example of public archival along with FTP uploading.

technerd4

Post by technerd4 »

Voyambar wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:22 pm
technerd4 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:34 am
SAIYAN48 wrote:
BA doesn't accept OEM recovery media. You cannot get FTP access with this and they will also deny it instantly meaning they wont even host it. The only way to make it public is to put it on IA.

Also, for future reference, you can put it anywhere you want. Its your product and you don't have to wait to get it on the FTP first or wait for it to be approved before uploading to those places. Overdoze is a big example of public archival along with FTP uploading.
I was reading that this morning I didnt see that when I was reading the begining parts for the application it was later on reading some of the other posts but I saw im able to upload some of my other things I have it just needs to be in a good quality photo and stuff that isnt OEM software which is a plus at least thank you for letting me know about the OEM disc situation! I do appreciate it. :D

Windowsbegood

Post by Windowsbegood »

I'm interested in this.
Windows Alpha Test Release :beta: :beta: :beta: :OD

technerd4

Post by technerd4 »

Windowsbegood wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:45 am
I'm interested in this.
I was able to upload it onto archive.org after using my mac to copy disc 2 since it had a write protect on it if you would like the link for it let me know! :D
I would put in my collection of computers but I would hit the character limit so I will just use some of my older products and some newer products *hehe*
iMac G3 Ruby red, PowerMac G5, Gateway Profile 3 CX, Mid 2007 iMac, Mid 2010 White MacBook x2, HP ChromeBase, Gateway FX (Win7), Early 2015 MacBook Pro, 2019 MacBook Pro Space Gray, 2021 M1 iMac Blue.

Windowsbegood

Post by Windowsbegood »

Nice. Can you pass the link?

technerd4

Post by technerd4 »

Windowsbegood wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:23 pm
Nice. Can you pass the link?
https://archive.org/details/gatewayprofile3restorediscs
I would put in my collection of computers but I would hit the character limit so I will just use some of my older products and some newer products *hehe*
iMac G3 Ruby red, PowerMac G5, Gateway Profile 3 CX, Mid 2007 iMac, Mid 2010 White MacBook x2, HP ChromeBase, Gateway FX (Win7), Early 2015 MacBook Pro, 2019 MacBook Pro Space Gray, 2021 M1 iMac Blue.

Windowsbegood

Post by Windowsbegood »

Thanks for sharing the link :)

technerd4

Post by technerd4 »

Windowsbegood wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:45 pm
Thanks for sharing the link :)
your welcome!