Waht About APPLESAUCE.. now good for quite all..

Discuss System 1 to System 7, OS 8, OS 9.
flowers

Waht About APPLESAUCE.. now good for quite all..

Post by flowers »

Hi there,
I'm looking more solutions to get good images of my old softwares; here today seems that APPLESAUCE is doing a lot of improvement to put into the compatibility more stuff then the APPLE II 5,25'' software and the Macintosh 3.5 (MFS and HFS format). Today they had updated the software to let the hardware manage more .. the last today is ATARI ST 3.5'' .. and 5,25'' for 8bits computers again as ATARI 2.0 2.5, TR-80, Commodore, DOS, PRODOS ... to me a quiet good dev..

Question here is if there is anything here that can give feedback about them and/or then interest in getting images stored into this server from such type of system ?

Just to in deep understand the pros and contro about a system like this VS KRYOFLUX...

8-)
Michele

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Waht About APPLESAUCE.. now good for quiet all..

Post by mrpijey »

I am sorry, but what is this about? Neither the title or your text makes much sense... is this about software artwork? Or screenshots? I don't get it.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

I *think* OP asks what's better for dumping Apple ][ floppies: Kryoflux or Applesauce.

flowers

Post by flowers »

Hi mrpijey,

I'm just opening a talk about the hardware APPLESAUCE that permit the dump not just for Apple][ but i see today for quiet all 3.5 and 5.25''; Apple, Macintosh, PC, Commodore, Atari, etc etc.. ^_^

beeing quiet an ongoing work with continues update i think that is quiet interesting to have a feedback from here, where the dumping for the database is one of the focus.

michele

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Ah, now I see. quiet = quite ;).

Apple II, Atari ST etc are usually covered by other groups so we've not archived much of that unless someone has managed to get hold of original software and dumped it with a Kryoflux device etc. But the idea is to gradually add those other collections to BA when disk space and management allows, since we're talking about tens of thousands of titles. I have these sets archived myself, but it would require some work to get them added to BA.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP