5.0.1877 ja-JP

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
linuxlove
Donator

5.0.1877 ja-JP

Post by linuxlove »

Wow.

Sorry for the screen pictures in the beginning. I was installing this on real hardware and I don't have a network KVM yet. Anyway, it's Windows 2000 Beta 2 Server in Japanese. Bit slow. No major crashes or anything. Probably a perfectly fine and stable build to play with. It's missing beam_l.cur from the install files but it's just a cursor. Who cares. Setup likes to forget where the install files are located so sometimes you have to manually type out the path to the install CD. No big deal.

Also, in case you didn't realize, Windows 2000 Server enforces a maximum of 256 colors over Remote Desktop. This is probably because it hails from a time when dial-up was still the #1 way to get on the Internet. That restriction carried over all the way to SP4 and wasn't updated until Windows XP. Try this one out for yourselves if you can, it's a neat little curiosity. No product key needed to install and iirc the timebomb goes off after X number of days since installation, it isn't date-locked or anything.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Goodbye.

JennyTheOSCollector

Re: 5.0.1877 ja-JP

Post by JennyTheOSCollector »

Wow!Japanese version of that cool beta!I am going to try it as I enjoy nice Japanese songs.
Bored...Now I'd like to do something practical,like learning about HTML programming and make music pieces!