I found Windows 8 Developer Preview in spanish?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Guindows

I found Windows 8 Developer Preview in spanish?

Post by Guindows »

I found a supposed way to change the language of Windows 8 Developer Preview (Default comes in English)

I also found this screenshot of Windows 8 Developer Preview in Spanish (My language):

And finally the URL where I found the screenshot and a supposed Spanish language pack and a super program to translate Windows 8 Developer Preview:

https://webypc.net/como-cambiar-el-idio ... r-preview/

Personally I do not think it is fake, that screenshot shows what has not been modified from the English version. But the question is:

Is it possible to translate Windows 8 Developer Preview or is it fake and can it only?

I have not tried yet but you can try (If the link is still active)
Of course, if they know Spanish, if they don't, they might not understand the system (I know Spanish because it's the language they spoke)
old acc, currently abandoned

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Re: I found Windows 8 Developer Preview in spanish?

Post by gus33000 »

Back when 8102 was a thing a lot of people made custom installers to transplant Windows 7 MUI files into this build so it would be translated, given Microsoft did not publish localized versions of 8102 and localization happened a bit later more broadly. It is most likely another variant of this. Among software that existed you had the Russian Language pack for 8102 by PaintR, you also had My WDP Language installer by Vizion which provided win8lp files for French Spanish I think if I remember well and a few other languages.

Guindows

Re: I found Windows 8 Developer Preview in spanish?

Post by Guindows »

According to various screenshots it also works in Windows 8 Consumer Preview, the bad thing is that it will probably say "Windows 7" again in areas where it said "Windows Developer Preview" or even "Windows 8".

I also request a download link that is not broken (I don't think BetaArchive considers it illegal material) Because all links are broken (I wonder why links over 5 years old are always removed)
old acc, currently abandoned