Windows Whistler reference on Windows XP SP3 setup

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
PrimeV2Chosen

Windows Whistler reference on Windows XP SP3 setup

Post by PrimeV2Chosen »

I decided to see what happens if I upgrade Windows 3.1 to Windows XP via WINNT.EXE and after of completing and booting into setup, after I pressed the L key when setup detected the Windows 3.1 installation, it refers to Windows Whistler instead of Windows XP (without counting the title)

I saw the same reference in a YouTube tutorial, so I knew this before.
PrimeV2Chosen, known as Dossie-chan outside.

suwin0

Re: Windows Whistler reference on Windows XP SP3 setup

Post by suwin0 »

Probably the Windows XP development team forgot this string. There are many references to Windows Whistler.

Guindows

Post by Guindows »

This is very rare because the language of your setup screeshot is in Spanish (My language). To date not exist any Windows Whistler spanish language version (This apply for any Non-English languages). And Windows XP SP3 is from 2008 and Windows Whistler is from 2000/2001
old acc, currently abandoned

PrimeV2Chosen

Post by PrimeV2Chosen »

Guindows wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:49 pm
This is very rare because the language of your setup screeshot is in Spanish (My language). To date not exist any Windows Whistler spanish language version (This apply for any Non-English languages). And Windows XP SP3 is from 2008 and Windows Whistler is from 2000/2001
Note that I haven't edited anything in the Windows XP setup directory, and there is a YouTube video where it appears this reference, even there was Spanish disks of Whistler, which it means they also were developing Whistler in Spanish, and they forgot to edit this page.
PrimeV2Chosen, known as Dossie-chan outside.