[REQUEST] Pre-December 2000 Original Xbox Alpha Recovery

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
tjd2

[REQUEST] Pre-December 2000 Original Xbox Alpha Recovery

Post by tjd2 »

Anyone still has it. One user on betaarchive mentioned he has it and is going to release, but nothing happened.

Earliest leaked recovery is from December 2000. He apparently had something older (October 2000 afaik). He also said it was slightly modified windows 2000.

Visual917

Re: [REQUEST] Pre-December 2000 Original Xbox Alpha Recovery

Post by Visual917 »

I am also interested.

Designed for Microsoft Windows 98®

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

The rumor of a recovery with Windows 2000 in it has been around for ages - I don't know of the legitimacy of the claim. What I do know is that developers were shipped Alpha kits that had Windows 2000 SP3 pre-installed with the XDK tools. The recoveries were update CDs/DVDs mailed to developers to install the latest version of the Xbox Kernel and XDK. If there's anything earlier than December 2000, it's going to be one of these pieces of update media, but likely nothing with Windows 2000 included.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.

tjd2

Post by tjd2 »

Here the guy mentioned it. His account looks deleted though.

https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... a+recovery

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

I dug in to some... sources... yeah, that's what I'm gonna go with... anyway, the earliest 'update' versions appeared to have been March 2000, so there's bound to be CD's out there with Alpha I and Alpha II updates for March, April, and May 2000, and likely many more leading up to the December 2000 build 3146 update. That said, there could also be installation CD's for versions prior to March 2000, but as far as my sources go, that was the first 'shipped' update to developers - perhaps the Alpha kits went out in January or February of 2000?
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.