[Offer] EPSON PC AX Portable MS-DOS 4.01 OEM Release/German

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
xyz

[Offer] EPSON PC AX Portable MS-DOS 4.01 OEM Release/German

Post by xyz »

EPSON PC AX PORTABLE MS-DOS 4.01 OEM RELEASE & BIOS SETUP UTILITY - German

My offer to BetaArchive members contains:
DISK1.IMG - Serial D-TH-2,1-4.90.1 - MS-DOS 4.01 Referenz-Diskette (Reference Disk - contains BIOS setup and diagnose applications)
DISK2.IMG - Serial A-TH-2,1-4.90.1 - MS-DOS 4.01 Installations-Diskette 1 (Installation Disk 1)
DISK3.IMG - Serial B-TH-2,1-4.90.1 - MS-DOS 4.01 Installations-Diskette 2 (Installation Disk 2)
DISK4.IMG - Serial C-TH-2,1-4.90.1 - MS-DOS 4.01 Shell-Diskette (Shell Disk)

These floppies came with my "EPSON PC AX Portable", which is a 12MHz 286 Laptop built in 1988.
The floppies were not readable under Windows 3.1 via WinImage 5 (every 2nd sector couldn't be found, same on my main Win10 machine with USB floppy), unfortunately.
I had to use a less-common utility called DSKIMAGE to successfully backup them. I wrote the images back to different floppies and they worked (there are no bad sectors).

All images can be written back to floppy via the included DSKIMAGE.COM application (works on 8086 and above)
As they are all in 720KB IBM format, just use the following command (0: stands for the drive letter A:, 1: would be B:)
DSKIMAGE.COM DISK1.IMG 0:80:2:9
A documentation about various IBM formats can be found in Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... al_formats

I am not sure if this is a FTP-ready release, but I would be glad to see it there soon.

Download here: EPSON PC AX Portable MS-DOS 4.01 and BIOS Setup utility (German).rar

ImageImage

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [Offer] EPSON PC AX Portable MS-DOS 4.01 OEM Release/Ger

Post by mrpijey »

Would it be possible for you to rescan the floppies according to our guidelines, so we can include that artwork with the release?

thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

xyz

Re: [Offer] EPSON PC AX Portable MS-DOS 4.01 OEM Release/Ger

Post by xyz »

You mean single image files in PNG? Sure, I can.

DISK1

DISK2

DISK3

DISK4