iPad OS and iOS Split, Shortcuts, Mobile Dock, and More!

Discuss all iOS versions.
CyndaquilDAC

iPad OS and iOS Split, Shortcuts, Mobile Dock, and More!

Post by CyndaquilDAC »

So, it's been a while, hasn't it? It seems that this board hasn't been active in a while, so I've decided to provide a rundown of recent news:
  • iPad OS and iOS have split, so now the iPad has a larger and more tailored interface, while the iPhone has a smaller and more tailored interface.
    Shortcuts app has been added to iOS and iPad OS! It's been a bit since a new app has entered the default app pool, and this one is a cool one, allowing you to have custom Siri commands and more!
    The macOS style dock has come to iOS and iPad OS! It's a neat feature that I honestly think should have happened a while ago with apple's major focus on updating the experience to be more modern!
And that's a wrap! Thanks for reading my update thread, I wanted to keep everyone 100% aware of what is happening!

Voyambar

Re: iPad OS and iOS Split, Shortcuts, Mobile Dock, and More!

Post by Voyambar »

iPad OS is still iOS though...its just more customized. Think of the OG Xbox and Windows 2000...it just has a customized Windows 2000 on it. Might want to update that post.

ColinSlater33

Post by ColinSlater33 »

Voyambar wrote:iPad OS is still iOS though...its just more customized. Think of the OG Xbox and Windows 2000...it just has a customized Windows 2000 on it. Might want to update that post.
I mean most server OS's are also slightly modified versions of the OS they are based off of but are still considered separate OS's.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

Voyambar wrote:iPad OS is still iOS though...its just more customized. Think of the OG Xbox and Windows 2000...it just has a customized Windows 2000 on it. Might want to update that post.
The Xbox OS is much more than just customized Windows 2000.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

CyndaquilDAC

Post by CyndaquilDAC »

Voyambar wrote:think of the OG Xbox and Windows 2000...it just has a customized Windows 2000 on it.
In my opinion, if it is compiled separately and isn't identical to another build, it's another OS.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

It uses the Windows 2000 kernel as its core but the rest of it is completely different iirc.
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.