windows XP and vmware

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
papy31

windows XP and vmware

Post by papy31 »

Hello,

I have installed WindowsXp on vmware 15, and after installing vmware tools, the sound is slow and is crekly.
Do you have already this problem? the problem is in game!!!

Thank you.

Vova23

Re: windows XP and vmware

Post by Vova23 »

In VM: Try VMAudioFixTray or open Windows Media Player on background

mrfunnylaughs

Post by mrfunnylaughs »

The sound being "slow" really depends on your host machine's performance. If you have inadequate performance, then of course sound will not sound that great.

SkyeVega405

Post by SkyeVega405 »

mrfunnylaughs wrote:The sound being "slow" really depends on your host machine's performance. If you have inadequate performance, then of course sound will not sound that great.
Whilst that is a valid point, it's not true in most cases for the question he was asking. Simply installing VMAudioFixTray will fix the sound issue. Even a tiny Quad-Core Atom will boot Windows XP off a VM - your statement only applies to the extreme low end of the spectrum, at decade old hardware at least.
Please remember to cable manage your server! It's just as beautiful on the inside as your gaming PC is on the outside.

PlyrStar93

Post by PlyrStar93 »

mrfunnylaughs wrote:The sound being "slow" really depends on your host machine's performance. If you have inadequate performance, then of course sound will not sound that great.
It's either a glitch with VMware or a hardware compatibility issue (most likely the former, given the fact that VMAudioFixTray or WMP can "fix" the sound).

I have had this with both of my Dell laptops and their specs are fine.
The first had i7-3632QM + 8GB DDR3 RAM back in 2012.
The second has i7-7700HQ + 32GB DDR4 RAM.

I have heard of several other cases of same behavior with Dell laptops, but I don't know about the situation with other brands. My desktop PC with ASUS TUF Z370-PRO doesn't have this problem.

BioMarkII

Post by BioMarkII »

SkyeVega405 wrote:
Whilst that is a valid point, it's not true in most cases for the question he was asking. Simply installing VMAudioFixTray will fix the sound issue. Even a tiny Quad-Core Atom will boot Windows XP off a VM - your statement only applies to the extreme low end of the spectrum, at decade old hardware at least.
Offtopic Comment
You underrestimate my Phenom II!
Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

mrfunnylaughs

Post by mrfunnylaughs »

SkyeVega405 wrote:
My apologies. I haven't came up with the idea of installing VMAudioFixTray.