Clarification on Account Pruning policy update?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
gaiaweylyn

Clarification on Account Pruning policy update?

Post by gaiaweylyn »

So, I just logged back in, and noticed the new staff member as well as the upcoming changes to enforcement of the account pruning policy. Currently though, there seems to be some discrepancy/vagueness in the Rules documentation.

In the main "Regular User Pruning now in operation" post from Andy, it states that users with less than 25 posts can have their account deleted after 6 months of inactivity, and that users with 0 posts can have it occur after 24 hours. However in the "RULES" post, it only states that users with 0 posts that have not logged in "within a month" may be subject to it, without mentioning accounts with 1-24 posts at all.

I admittedly don't use the forum very often, and still have less than 25 posts because I only want to post when I have something valuable and detailed to contribute. Previously I was told by Andy that the rule was rarely enforced any more so long as you had at least one post, so I wasn't worried. But now that it will be again, I must remember to keep myself logged in to retain my earned FTP access. If it's still 6 months of inactivity, that's more than fine. I just need to know.

Voyambar

Re: Clarification on Account Pruning policy update?

Post by Voyambar »

Andy said himself the policy is set to go into effect at the end of the month so you shouldn't be worried until then. I don't know which one is to go into effect you'd have to ask him yourself.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

The policy in place now means that your account won't be removed. This policy has always been in place, we just haven't enforced it regularly since it's a manual process.

DailyGerald

Post by DailyGerald »

So if we have over 25 posts, then our account can't be removed, regardless of inactivity?

Admittedly, I browse the forum every so often but don't always log in unless I want to post or want to figure out how to use the FTP again.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

DailyGerald wrote:So if we have over 25 posts, then our account can't be removed, regardless of inactivity?

Admittedly, I browse the forum every so often but don't always log in unless I want to post or want to figure out how to use the FTP again.
No. In fact, your account will not be removed if you have any number of posts (so even 1 would do).

johndoe123

Post by johndoe123 »

x010 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 am
DailyGerald wrote:So if we have over 25 posts, then our account can't be removed, regardless of inactivity?

No. In fact, your account will not be removed if you have any number of posts (so even 1 would do).
I remember those were the old rules.

x010
Staff

Post by x010 »

johndoe123 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:37 am
x010 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 am

I remember those were the old rules.
No, as far as I am aware they are the current rules (previously users with less than 25 posts that haven't logged in in six months would be removed, this is no longer the case).