Windows Longhorn build 5002 Video

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
PhantomOcean3

Windows Longhorn build 5002 Video

Post by PhantomOcean3 »

So I was looking for a video of Longhorn Server build 5000 from 6 August 2004 and one of the search results that oddly popped up was from a user called 'Windows XP' showing off an unleaked build of Longhorn, with build number 5002. I wonder whether this build actually exists. It looks similar to 5001. Here's that video: https://youtu.be/9pZVRoMb13c
EDIT: it's been a few hours since that video was uploaded, and I've noticed he's being quite aggressive in the comments. He described BetaArchive as 'toxic' but as a new member, I'm not completely sure why. He also was aggressive to someone for telling him to leak it due to being a 15 year old build.

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Re: Windows Longhorn build 5002 Video

Post by JimOlive »

I have no doubt 5002 exists (Same with 5003 and 5007), but I suspect the video is fake. After all, he refuses to leak it, so he must be hiding something. But on the other hand, apparently the build was "referenced in a document regarding the state of Longhorn CBB builds", using that exact same build string. But it's also possible he used that string to modify 5001.

It could even be RTM Windows XP, using the 5001 background with text on it, taking the text from 5001, modifying it, and overlaying it onto the image and saving it. It wouldn't be too hard to do I think; after all it is very easy to create a fake winver in MSPaint, so a fake background wouldn't be out of the question. Here's an example of a fake winver I made.

Regardless, I downloaded the video, in case he takes it down.
Last edited by JimOlive on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Longesthorn

Post by Longesthorn »

When asked for a file from the build, he stated he deletes his VMs after being done with them and he would have to reinstall it (which to me sounds like an excuse; he also doesn’t realise he can just extract it from the ISO). I am 99% sure it is fake, plus I don’t think anyone with a connection to Microsoft would provide some random youngling like that with confidential builds. However, there is still that 1% chance it’s real, who knows.

And yeah, I feel that build string alone is genuine, so he came across it and used it in his likely fake build.

Kimberly5384

Post by Kimberly5384 »

If this is real, more power to him; he gets to keep his shitty XP-looking build.
If not, he still gets keep his XP build.
Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

PhantomOcean3

Post by PhantomOcean3 »

He's being very toxic in the comments. He called me a retard in Discord. This video is probably fake, It's probably an edited 5001 with the buildtag changed. Also he threatened to register this build to my name and be aggressive.
Last edited by PhantomOcean3 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

We should probably stop assuming it is fake and let him do what ever he wants to. Remember WhistlerInstalls and that guy with Longhorn build 3663? Asking for builds and proofs will make it less likely for him to provide that build or any proofs that it is real. I actually want to see some other builds he have just for entertaining purposes and don't really care about the authenticity. Hopefully he will make a demo about the private 4050 regardless of its authenticity since not many people had those and lesser copies survived.

Longesthorn

Post by Longesthorn »

WhistlerInstalls at least stated his incentive for not leaking those builds, which was not wanting to screw up the trust chain. On the other hand, this person never stated any valid reason for not doing so - only to later state his reasoning as "BCS BETAARCHIVE R TOXIC!!!!!11". While this may not outright prove the build is fake, his immature attitude certainly isn't giving him credibility. I'm not sure how someone who appears to be so young and immature would be trusted with builds like these, unless his daddy worked for Microsoft.

Again, there is still a chance it's real and that his attitude is just driving people away from believing that. However, I will continue to be skeptical until he provides proof; leaking one file shouldn't be the end of the world.

Edit: Nevermind, saw a comment where he stated he can't leak the build for 20 years, according to one of his friends. Regardless I remain skeptical.

captainlinux8880

Post by captainlinux8880 »

He refuses to merge this build ... And all the time he makes excuses ... he evades the answer, says that BA is toxic, etc. ... Why can't he just give an ISO? He probably knows that people are just making a fool, but at the same time he claims that it is real ... He also claims to have assemblies 4000 and 3708 ... I personally don’t believe this ...

captainlinux8880

In general, we can only wait ... Maybe a miracle will happen, and he will decide to share this build ... although I'm not sure about it

PhantomOcean3

Post by PhantomOcean3 »

He sent a comment stating he will never leak any of the builds he has due to 'toxicity'.

captainlinux8880

Maybe I can convince him

captainlinux8880

He wrote to me that he would think whether to merge the build or not.

TheCharizard31

Post by TheCharizard31 »

Can someone adds my comment in the comments ?

"Comment originally written by TheCharizard31 : Even if you think that this build or this video is fake, it's not by yelling without arguments that you will arrive to something. The only way to unravel the true from the fake is letting Windows XP leaking corretly the build (And I'm sure that he's right). Don't try to say that a stuff is fake without having tested. I have the impression that you wanted to do the things too quickly, and Windows XP did not appreciate. Now can you stop arguing and being too in the precipation ? If everyone do all the things corretly, we will be all winners. For history of toxicity, forget it. Windows XP will probably find another way that BetaArchive to leak the build."

TheCharizard31

PhantomOcean3

Post by PhantomOcean3 »

I've added that comment for you

TheCharizard31

Post by TheCharizard31 »

Thank you Phantom :)

Hoping that he will changes his decision (but if everyone could stop arguing...).

TheCharizard31

captainlinux8880

As for me, this 'Windows XP' is very stupid ... He believes that our consensus is toxic, that we are stupid, etc. ... I am more than sure that he does not have this build ... He constantly evades the answer , like he’s busy or reinstalls the virtual machine ... As for me, it’s better to put a big bolt on him ... He still will not share this “build", but will also aggressively evade the answer ...

TheCharizard31

Post by TheCharizard31 »

captainlinux8880 wrote:As for me, this 'Windows XP' is very stupid ... He believes that our consensus is toxic, that we are stupid, etc. ... I am more than sure that he does not have this build ... He constantly evades the answer , like he’s busy or reinstalls the virtual machine ... As for me, it’s better to put a big bolt on him ... He still will not share this “build", but will also aggressively evade the answer ...
I still keep hope for the moment. But I will stop saying things if he responds agressively, but we should not try to plan the future...

TheCharizard31

captainlinux8880

Good luck;) But something tells me that he will also brush it off ... But what have we done? We just asked him to share the ISO with us, or at least a file from this build ... for which we received a ton of aggression ... Do you continue to believe this fool?

DJ Deedahx
Donator

Post by DJ Deedahx »

Longesthorn wrote:When asked for a file from the build, he stated he deletes his VMs after being done with them and he would have to reinstall it (which to me sounds like an excuse; he also doesn’t realise he can just extract it from the ISO)
Some people tend to delete their VMs when they no longer need them, myself included; however, I deal with common knowledge material (i.e. anything that has already been leaked) and have nothing to hide, while "Windows XP" stands behind a wall of insults towards the general public as an excuse for not leaking what they have to offer.

I've had my suspicions about this video when I was first told about it; I think they've grown further ever since.
Longesthorn wrote:WhistlerInstalls at least stated his incentive for not leaking those builds, which was not wanting to screw up the trust chain. On the other hand, this person never stated any valid reason for not doing so - only to later state his reasoning as "BCS BETAARCHIVE R TOXIC!!!!!11".
While I don't know enough about the WhistlerInstalls situation, I can understand his reasoning. But "Windows XP"'s excuse doesn't hold much water in retrospect.

Also, I noticed this in the comments section:
>I don't feel like recording a new video just for Winver.exe
Offtopic Comment
What did he mean by this? Is this a classic case of OP not delivering?(TM)
DDX — 86Box Staff/Power User & YouTube Channel Manager

captainlinux8880

Personally, I no longer trust him ... And judging by his answers, this is just an aggressive youngster ... As one user said, it is unlikely that he has any connections with Microsoft ... I am 99.9% sure that this just modified 5001 ...

captainlinux8880

By the way, he just admitted that his "friend" deceived him and in fact this is a modified version of build 5001 :D

PhantomOcean3

Post by PhantomOcean3 »

So he was deceived, I've also checked and he has apologized for his behaviour. He hopes the other builds he claims to have such as 5003 (idk whether he has that one) are not faked but I don't know

captainlinux8880

Let's see;) However, something tells me that they will also be fake

captainlinux8880

But still, it’s good that he admitted that he was wrong, and apologized for everything, then he is not a fool, as we assumed ;)

DJ Deedahx
Donator

Post by DJ Deedahx »

captainlinux8880 wrote:By the way, he just admitted that his "friend" deceived him and in fact this is a modified version of build 5001 :D
*sigh*

Frankly speaking, I saw this from a [insert large distance] away.
DDX — 86Box Staff/Power User & YouTube Channel Manager