Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Dwendel

Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem

Post by Dwendel »

Whenever I try to install the respective build as shown in the title, I get a message to type a product key. I checked on both BetaWiki and The Collection Book, and none of them showed a product key. This is the message I keep getting.
You can call me a Windows master, but really I'm not.

TNHo

Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem

Post by TNHo »

Did you change the bios date? On most beta versions/early builds of Windows, the bios date must be changed to a specific date or else you'll encounter problems after installing.

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Try setting the BIOS date back to October 3rd 2007, as shown on both BetaWiki and TCB, and re-install.

Dwendel

Post by Dwendel »

I probably did set it wrong, BetaWiki's date system is different than the DD-MM-YYYY system.
If not that then it's probably because I actually set the date in the setup so, yeah. VBox doesn't really have a good BIOS date setting up system.
You can call me a Windows master, but really I'm not.

mibrab

Post by mibrab »

Dwendel wrote:I probably did set it wrong, BetaWiki's date system is different than the DD-MM-YYYY system.
If not that then it's probably because I actually set the date in the setup so, yeah. VBox doesn't really have a good BIOS date setting up system.
BetaWiki follows the ISO 8601 date system, which is YYYY-MM-DD. Also the issue with VBox is that, if you don't set the date by modifying the VM config, it resets to the current date on every boot.
Also known as Cvolton elsewhere...

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Dwendel wrote:I probably did set it wrong, BetaWiki's date system is different than the DD-MM-YYYY system.
Use VMWare.

YueLing11

Post by YueLing11 »

JimOlive wrote:
Use VMWare.
Another way to change the date in VirtualBox to install beta builds:
1. Boot into Windows Setup, press Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt.
2. Type "date" (without quote) and press Enter.
3. Now type the date (M-D-YYYY format, for example: 10/30/2007 (October 30, 2007)) and then press Enter.