Installing the new 3790.1232 releases

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Wheatley
Donator

Installing the new 3790.1232 releases

Post by Wheatley »

Unlike the previously leaked copy of Professional, these newly leaked original client copies cannot be installed properly as-is due to missing files. Pointing to i386 will not work, since the files aren't there. To install the builds, you must provide the following files to setup in some way:

Code: Select all

Blank.txt
Empty.txt
Sample1.jpg
Sample2.jpg
filters.xml
moviemk.chm
moviemk.exe
news.png
paint.png
wWMalert.wav
wWMemail.wav
wWMonline.wav
wlogowin.gif
wlvback.gif
wmsgsc.dll
wmsgslang.dll
wmsmsgs.exe
wtype.wav
wxpmsgr.chm
These can be empty 0-byte files, they just need to be present, otherwise you'll be left with an incomplete install without themes and a lot of other missing stuff.
If you are lazy, just download this.
Last edited by Wheatley on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Re: Installing the new 3790.1232 releases

Post by gus33000 »

I'll add to this thread as a note that the client copies of this builds are meant to be missing these files originally. The previous leaked pro copy had files added in by the original leaker, among them one with dubious text in it:

grabberslasher

Post by grabberslasher »

gus33000 wrote:I'll add to this thread as a note that the client copies of this builds are meant to be missing these files originally. The previous leaked pro copy had files added in by the original leaker, among them one with dubious text in it:

I like the idea that somebody went to the trouble of patching the ISO for release in the past, but instead of including the real files from e.g. a Server 2003 build, they just stubbed them out instead *hehe*

The install completes without the missing files, no? You just need to hit cancel on the dialogs when they pop up, IIRC. Either way, you're still ending up with an 'incomplete' install — stubbing out the missing files doesn't change that, it just makes the installer complain less.

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Post by gus33000 »

grabberslasher wrote:
gus33000 wrote:I'll add to this thread as a note that the client copies of this builds are meant to be missing these files originally. The previous leaked pro copy had files added in by the original leaker, among them one with dubious text in it:

I like the idea that somebody went to the trouble of patching the ISO for release in the past, but instead of including the real files from e.g. a Server 2003 build, they just stubbed them out instead *hehe*

The install completes without the missing files, no? You just need to hit cancel on the dialogs when they pop up, IIRC. Either way, you're still ending up with an 'incomplete' install — stubbing out the missing files doesn't change that, it just makes the installer complain less.
Yep if you click cancel it will install anyway, but it will also skip copying some other files it does have (which causes the lack of theme and more issues). Talking with mrpijey about having a patch available with the release along with the original media, both would be nice to have at hand on the ftp. The timestamp for the file with the message I posted is from 2007. The other files were taken from previous builds.