[Offer] Some random Longhorn wallpapers and videos

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
mrpijey
Administrator

[Offer] Some random Longhorn wallpapers and videos

Post by mrpijey »

While cleaning up some old archives I came over these random files, looks like some wallpapers and ads/videos for Longhorn, a total of about 300MB. I have no idea if it's of any interest to anyone but since we're releasing some fresh Longhorn builds I thought I would offer these to the community as well before I delete them. Maybe some LH collector out there will find a place for these...:

Longhorn demos
Longhorn wallpapers
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

vlad557776

Re: [Offer] Some random Longhorn wallpapers and videos

Post by vlad557776 »

Great find! Already downloading those. Maybe I'll set some as backgrounds on my host.
The developer of Win1 Packet - https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40233
The developer of IM1024 INSTALL.BAT Patch: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40317

dj_cityboy

Post by dj_cityboy »

aw yeah.... thanks dude i am downloading these as well and looking forward to adding these to the collection and diggin' through them.

**EDIT - yo is someone able to confirm something please...i downloaded both files (064_longhorn_demos.zip & 064_longhorn_desktop_wallpapers.zip) but they both seem to contain "064_longhorn_demos" am i seeing this correct - is it possible there was a mix up?

peas
cityboy

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I double checked the links I posted and they contain different stuff, if you get the same contents then it's Mega that is mucking up the compression, but the contents is each link is unique.

dj_cityboy

Post by dj_cityboy »

mrpijey wrote:I double checked the links I posted and they contain different stuff, if you get the same contents then it's Mega that is mucking up the compression, but the contents is each link is unique.
well man i am not 100% sure on that, i can only tell you/show you what i see on my end i opened both files, they clearly have different names but on my end contain the same files...

i'll do a "do over" on the downloads...thanks again :)

**EDIT - hell yeah dude that was what was up.. you were right and the files were jacked up on the first download :$ , i re-downloaded them and both files contain different stuff, cheers :cool: ;)

peas
cityboy

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Look quite different to me.

Kimberly5384

Post by Kimberly5384 »

I've used the 5xxx grass wallpaper for quite some time now. The blades of grass with Aero make for really nice visuals, don't you think?
Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Hay! I have some of those on my hard drive as well! I got the from http://dk.toastednet.org/iex_lh/, not sure where you got them from... Always nice to see them again.

Longesthorn

Post by Longesthorn »

Oh yeah, here's a pack of all/most of the Longhorn-related (not including 52xx onwards) wallpapers I could find. Has quite a few rare ones, such as the Stonehenge and canyon ones. https://mega.nz/#!oWIAyI5L!ZZr9hoYJvZiE ... VrtMLaJldA

os2fan2
Donator

Post by os2fan2 »

I should compare this lot with what's in Wallpaper2 cd. This is a cdrom that I have anounced here for operating systems.