Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
JennyTheOSCollector

Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition

Post by JennyTheOSCollector »

Recently I downloaded the files on the website wineur.pcguy.de,and replaced the files in win2k German ISO.But it stucks when I enter the graphical installiation period like this.
Image[/url]
I waited for quite a long time,but there's an error says something wrong with dssenh.dll,initpkl.dll and rsaenh.dll in C:\WINNT\system32 folder, and NT5.cat in G:\I386.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my ISO?
Bored...Now I'd like to do something practical,like learning about HTML programming and make music pieces!

JennyTheOSCollector

Re: Probiems in installing NT5.0 EUR Edition

As a chinese,I don't understand German a lot,so I can't understand what's README.txt says.So I really don't know how to install the OS successfully!
Bored...Now I'd like to do something practical,like learning about HTML programming and make music pieces!

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Why would you want to install it? It is just a modified Windows 2000 and nothing too special. As you said before, you are Chinese and you don't understand German very well so I don't get the point unless you are going to translate it to English or Chinese. It is a modified OS so not surprised that it doesn't work. If you are trying to install this on VMware or VirtualBox, then switch to 86Box or PCem or QEMU and try.

Again, NT 5.0 does not exist and you can easily modify the resources to say NT 5.0.

bingohuanj

Post by bingohuanj »

It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
Try Microsoft Virtual PC first.If it doesn't work,please check if your imagine is broken.
And maybe few people would really read 'readme.txt' before installing systems,so just ignore that.

Winins

Post by Winins »

bingohuanj wrote:It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
Try Microsoft Virtual PC first.If it doesn't work,please check if your imagine is broken.
And maybe few people would really read 'readme.txt' before installing systems,so just ignore that.
He/She might be using Win10 x64 and VPC doesn't work.
You have never seen Windows like this!
FREE Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for pre-existing Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

bingohuanj

Post by bingohuanj »

Winins wrote:
bingohuanj wrote:It isn't recommended to install NT5.0 in VMWare,VirtualBox,etc.
So he/she does.But using vpc in a virtual machine or on a comparatively old pc is available.

JennyTheOSCollector

bingohuanj wrote:
Winins wrote:
So he/she does.But using vpc in a virtual machine or on a comparatively old pc is available.
I tried on QEMU but the same problem happened.And I have no old computers,so I will try on VPC on my Windows Vista VM.

JennyTheOSCollector

But the same problems happened when I tried to install it on VPC.So what's wrong with my ISO?

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

Please post a screenshot of the error. Also I still don't get why you're so obsessed about this fake Windows 2000.

JennyTheOSCollector

ComputerHunter wrote:Please post a screenshot of the error. Also I still don't get why you're so obsessed about this fake Windows 2000.
The error looks like this.You want to know why I liked that hack?In fact,I had tried NT5.0 beta 2 on VMVare,and it looks so nice,then I liked it,although MS called it Windows 2000 when it released.I have seen a computer running Windows 2000 when I was 4 years old,but I really want to see what will the final version of NT5.0 look like after I tried NT5.0 beta 2.I knew someone made NT5.0 EUR Edition a month ago,and I saw someone tried the hack on VMWare successfully three months ago.I realized that there's a final version of my favourite beta.So I belong the hack to my dream OSes(I have two dream OSes,the another one is Windows Vista,but I have its ISO).I liked it rather than Windows Vista,because I was also a crazy Windows NT fan(I like Windows NT 4.0 Workstation ),but a spy in Windows 2000 fans group!

Lucas Brooks

Post by Lucas Brooks »

OK, why don't you get a copy of 2000 and modify it yourself? I can't understand German but the translation looks like it has something to do with OLE.

xyz

Post by xyz »

you need a german win 2k cd with integrated sp4 and no other mods.
copy the whole cd to your hdd
extract the nt5 executable into the cd root directory to orderly overwrite the files with their modified versions
afterwards execute the setup by using either winnt.exe or winnt32.exe in the i386 folder.
the shown errors occur if your cd does not match. this causes the setup to encounter issues while veryfying the file integrity of the mentioned dlls.

JennyTheOSCollector

xyz wrote:you need a german win 2k cd with integrated sp4 and no other mods.
copy the whole cd to your hdd
extract the nt5 executable into the cd root directory to orderly overwrite the files with their modified versions
afterwards execute the setup by using either winnt.exe or winnt32.exe in the i386 folder.
the shown errors occur if your cd does not match. this causes the setup to encounter issues while veryfying the file integrity of the mentioned dlls.
Thanks a lot!You are really helpful to me!!

xyz

Post by xyz »

I hope it works for you, glad to see results in form of a few screenshots :)