Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Windows Me

Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?

Post by Windows Me »

Hello, i begin a collection of Windows beta cd, and i found a Windows Longhorn server 2008 Enterprise. I don't know if it is a real because there is no text say: "do not seal this copy".
On the top of the Cd there is a red line and there is write "Microsoft / Partner Program". on the left there is: "ot for retail or Oem distribution". On the right there is "Warning! This software is for international Business Use, Testing, and Development purposes as stated in your action Pack Subscription Agreement". behind there is the date "10/2007" and there is "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 62-bit Beta".
Ther is a copy right: "2007 Microsoft Corporatio. All rights Reserved.
I hope it is a real beta!

(sory if there is some mistake, I don't speack english very well).

Information, after the installation of Windows, there is on the right bottom a text: "Windows Server (TM) Code Name "Longhorn" Build 6001 This copy of Windows is not genuine.

Kimberly5384

Re: Windows Server 2008 enterprise Beta Cd, original?

Post by Kimberly5384 »

6001 is Vista's RTM, right? Might be an RTM build I guess.
Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

So I think it is not a real version...

Random_User
Donator

Post by Random_User »

Actually, build 6001 is Windows Vista Service Pack 1. However, Windows Server 2008 was released around the same time as Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista. That's why Windows Server 2008 RTM has build number 6001.

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

If it is a RTM version it is not a real beta version?

Courage

Post by Courage »

Windows Me wrote:Hello, i begin a collection of Windows beta cd, and i found a Windows Longhorn server 2008 Enterprise. I don't know if it is a real because there is no text say: "do not seal this copy".
On the top of the Cd there is a red line and there is write "Microsoft / Partner Program". on the left there is: "ot for retail or Oem distribution". On the right there is "Warning! This software is for international Business Use, Testing, and Development purposes as stated in your action Pack Subscription Agreement". behind there is the date "10/2007" and there is "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 62-bit Beta".

Information, after the installation of Windows, there is on the right bottom a text: "Windows Server (TM) Code Name "Longhorn" Build 6001 This copy of Windows is not genuine.
Yeah, most of the later development of Server 2008 was done alongside Windows Vista SP1, and that's why a lot of builds around this time use the build number of 6001. For what it's worth, this build does seem to be a real beta.
However, one thing that might be useful to check (because there are many 6001 builds) is the full build number, that can be seen in regedit.exe by going to the location "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", and looking for the "BuildLabEx" key. Can you check and see what revision of 6001 this build is?

Kimberly5384

Post by Kimberly5384 »

Ah yeah, forgot about that! It is the RTM of Server 08.

Anyways, this would be a cool find, you should check the full build screen and tell us your results.
Legends say if you read this signature, you'll come across good fortune. Lucky you!

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

Courage wrote:
Windows Me wrote:Hello, i begin a collection of Windows beta cd, and i found a Windows Longhorn server 2008 Enterprise. I don't know if it is a real because there is no text say: "do not seal this copy".

Yeah, most of the later development of Server 2008 was done alongside Windows Vista SP1, and that's why a lot of builds around this time use the build number of 6001. For what it's worth, this build does seem to be a real beta.
However, one thing that might be useful to check (because there are many 6001 builds) is the full build number, that can be seen in regedit.exe by going to the location "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", and looking for the "BuildLabEx" key. Can you check and see what revision of 6001 this build is?
There is not file "BuildLabEx" in Windows NT\Current version.

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

I found a file "DefaultProctKey, it is that? There is 4 files in: "(Default)" "DigitalProductId" "DigitalProductId4" and "ProductId"

mibrab

Post by mibrab »

A lot of later betas of Server 2008 were build 6001. Considering the date this might be RC0. You have to look at the exact revision of the build to find out (6001.16659 is RC0 for example)
Also known as Cvolton elsewhere...

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

I forgot, on the CD there is a Part No. X14-07634

Tripcreator

Post by Tripcreator »

found this picture?

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

Tripcreator wrote:found this picture?

Yes, it is exatly my CD, but i am not sure if it is a real CD from Microsoft, I never see any CD like that before. I think someone print the CD.

BioMarkII

Post by BioMarkII »

Windows Me wrote:
Tripcreator wrote:found this picture?

Yes, it is exatly my CD, but i am not sure if it is a real CD from Microsoft, I never see any CD like that before. I think someone print the CD.
Are ye planning to dump it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

winnt32
Permanently Banned

Post by winnt32 »

Of course it's original. It has a hologram.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Yes it's original, we have many Partner Program discs like it. And the hologram is a good hint to check too since you can't print or make those yourself (unless the hologram is a sticker on top, which they are not in this case).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

PivotGuy246

Post by PivotGuy246 »

Partner Program discs with a holographic label are always legitimate. Good eye on noticing that part, too.

This appears to be an October 2007 Release Candidate 0-1 build judging by the disc print (so definitely a 6001 build), think you can get a VM up and running and send us a screenshot of the winver?

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

PivotGuy246 wrote:Partner Program discs with a holographic label are always legitimate. Good eye on noticing that part, too.

This appears to be an October 2007 Release Candidate 0-1 build judging by the disc print (so definitely a 6001 build), think you can get a VM up and running and send us a screenshot of the winver?
I already try on a VM but the product key is invalid!
And I just have a question, what is a "Microsoft Partner Program"??? When I search on Google Windows Longhorn Server Beta CD I don't find any CD like that (this is the reason why I believe it was a copy).

PivotGuy246

Post by PivotGuy246 »

Windows Me wrote:And I just have a question, what is a "Microsoft Partner Program"??? When I search on Google Windows Longhorn Server Beta CD I don't find any CD like that (this is the reason why I beieve it was a copy).
The Microsoft Partner Program is a joinable program where OEMs/other companies volunteer to test out new builds or products by Microsoft as quickly as possible without the need of waiting for a major release. It's also why Windows 10 builds have the fbl_eeap/partner buildlabs.

Originally, disc copies for trial/evaluation versions would be sent out from Microsoft by request (either digital download or post), but due to rapid advancements on technology, later builds are now only offered through downloads.

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

PivotGuy246 wrote:
Windows Me wrote:And I just have a question, what is a "Microsoft Partner Program"??? When I search on Google Windows Longhorn Server Beta CD I don't find any CD like that (this is the reason why I beieve it was a copy).
The Microsoft Partner Program is a joinable program where OEMs/other companies volunteer to test out new builds or products by Microsoft as quickly as possible without the need of waiting for a major release. It's also why Windows 10 builds have the fbl_eeap/partner buildlabs.

Originally, disc copies for trial/evaluation versions would be sent out from Microsoft by request (either digital download or post), but due to rapid advancements on technology, later builds are now only offered through downloads.
OK, Thank you, I understand now why there is "use testing and developement" write on it.

Windows Me

Post by Windows Me »

So is it a rare CD?

BioMarkII

Post by BioMarkII »

Indeed. (IMO)