BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 22h, 8m | CPU: 2% | MEM: 5225MB of 11487MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Win 3.1 VGA.drv not found        Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:06 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
Hi there.

I got a little problem with my i486 PC. I needed to reinstall MS-DOS 6.22 because for some reason it had corrupted itself. But after I reinstalled it and all the drivers I was unable to boot into Windows 3.1. Does anyone know why I cannot boot into winddows? I tried reinstalling windows, but the installer keeps crashing. It was an error with vga.drv not found mixed with another one which I cannot remember. I'm kind of sad that I cannot go into Windows 3.1 anymore because I used it for a lot of word processing stuff.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Win 3.1 VGA.drv not found        Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
DOS/Win 3.11
Simply expand that file from installation disks into the Windows directory. Replace any existing copy in case it is corrupt.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Win 3.1 VGA.drv not found        Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:36 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
asad10 wrote:
Simply expand that file from installation disks into the Windows directory. Replace any existing copy in case it is corrupt.

Turns out it was an issue with my RAM configuration. Wondows does not like booting with 20mbytes of RAM.

Top  Profile