I found an interesting feature in WinNT3.51 New Shell Update

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
JennyTheOSCollector

I found an interesting feature in WinNT3.51 New Shell Update

Post by JennyTheOSCollector »

Today I was bored and I turned on my virtual machine with WinNT3.51 New Shell Update,and I forgot the password.I thought that I hadn't set the password yet,but when I clicked "OK", I saw a message "Your password has expired and must be changed",then when I clicked "OK"again,I can reset my password!
So,if someone wants to look my things in that VM,he/she can reset the password and log in!
Bored...Now I'd like to do something practical,like learning about HTML programming and make music pieces!

YourAverageJoe

Re: I found an interesting feature in WinNT3.51 New Shell Up

Post by YourAverageJoe »

Pretty sure this is still a feature within Windows, especially with the Server variants. You will be forced to reset your password after some time is given as there is a timer on how long you can keep the password for. Most obviously it's for security purposes
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

It's called password expiration. It's a group policy.

If you set a blank password, it is still a password and subject to expiration.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

JennyTheOSCollector

Post by JennyTheOSCollector »

YourAverageJoe wrote:Pretty sure this is still a feature within Windows, especially with the Server variants. You will be forced to reset your password after some time is given as there is a timer on how long you can keep the password for. Most obviously it's for security purposes
Thanks,you're so cute!
Bored...Now I'd like to do something practical,like learning about HTML programming and make music pieces!