How can i replace the win seven classic start button flag?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
alpha.burton

How can i replace the win seven classic start button flag?

Post by alpha.burton »

How can i replace the windows seven classic theme start button flag to the older windows 98 one? i've been googling for awhile now with no luck.i know its in the shellbrd.dll ect.. but have read it has to be a 32bit bitmap file.if anyone else has done this or has the file already made please share it with me.thanks

classiconthebox

Re: How can i replace the win seven classic start button fla

Post by classiconthebox »

Use the program CustomizerGod, made by door2windows. It lets you customize the icons and branding in Windows 7 and above, including the classic start button flag. (requires you to open shellbrd.dll in it though)

http://www.door2windows.com/customizergod/

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

classiconthebox wrote:Use the program CustomizerGod, made by door2windows. It lets you customize the icons and branding in Windows 7 and above, including the classic start button flag. (requires you to open shellbrd.dll in it though)

http://www.door2windows.com/customizergod/
works great but now how do i go about adding it to a install .iso ?

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Extract the iso and boot code. Use gimagex to mount the install.wim with read/write to a folder. Mod away. Unmount the win with commit changes ticked.

If you have a multi-sku iso, you'll have to look in the wim xml woth 7z or something to figure out which win index has the sku you want to install and mount that one to modify.

Then rebuild the iso with the extracted bootcode and modified install.wim.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

alpha.burton

Post by alpha.burton »

yourepicfailure wrote:Extract the iso and boot code. Use gimagex to mount the install.wim with read/write to a folder. Mod away. Unmount the win with commit changes ticked.

If you have a multi-sku iso, you'll have to look in the wim xml woth 7z or something to figure out which win index has the sku you want to install and mount that one to modify.

Then rebuild the iso with the extracted bootcode and modified install.wim.
this one was easier than the xp one,at least for me.thanks for all your help