iTunes on Windows 9x

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
AussieCartoonFan2001A

iTunes on Windows 9x

Post by AussieCartoonFan2001A »

I am aware that there are updated versions of KernelEx 4.5 such 4.5.2016 and 4.5.2018 and those versions of KernelEx run more newer programs and even have Windows 10 compatibility mode. I once tried getting iTunes 4.1 to work on Windows ME Millennium Edition with KernelEx 4.5.2 installed on Virtual PC 2017 back in 2013 and the things I did was by using a file archive extractor and I did it with the Setup file for this versions iTunes but when I tried to open that version of iTunes it throwed up a illegal operation error.

longhornwhistler
Donator

Re: iTunes on Windows 9x

Post by longhornwhistler »

I mean you were using Windows ME haha... but on a more serious note, I'd try Win98 since it's more stable and they both contain similar code bases.
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

WILSON2bGg
Donator

Re: iTunes on Windows 9x

Post by WILSON2bGg »

KernelEx isn't that great in terms of program compatibility. While you can get some software to work, it's not going to be like BlackWingCat's Extended Kernel for Windows 2000.
Hey what's up