New Version of MetroUnlocker is released, Supports 7927+

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Windows OS

New Version of MetroUnlocker is released, Supports 7927+

Post by Windows OS »

MetroFetro a few days ago released a new version of MetroUnlocker, finally unlocking the Start screen on almost every Windows 8 build that uses the redpill (except for 7850).

The first image is 7927 (with glcnd/Modern Reader installed and pinned) and the second image is 7963 (with glcnd and MS Help installed and pinned)
Image Image

It also seemingly contains some preliminary support for 7850, but in my experience, it doesn't really do anything, probably because of how early 7850 is, which might explain why MetroFetro hasn't advertised it as being "supported" on his YouTube video or his readme.

In my personal experience, the Milestone 2 Metro is actually working a lot smoother than I expected, with some interesting animations that I haven't seen before. Also, it's nice to finally see a redpill for these old Windows 8 builds.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

DragonWars

Re: New Version of MetroUnlocker is released, Supports 7927+

Post by DragonWars »

you can also use metrounlocker without messing timebomb / trigger activate windows message anymore, even on current date
metrofetro did a great job

imback

Post by imback »

Turns out if you set the date back, use metro unlocker, the set the date back to the present, you can still change your wallpaper! The 2-hour timebomb is there though. Tested on 7927.

ovctvct

Post by ovctvct »

I know this isn't directly metro related, but redpill in 7927-7963 gives those unique folder previews:

And for the record, if you get a watermark in builds 7927-7989, it's because you have either forgot to set the date back or installed vmware tools, which have time sync, running the tool on the 2011 date will not give any watermarks.