Do I need a disc scanned if it's burned?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
tylerfunf555

Do I need a disc scanned if it's burned?

Post by tylerfunf555 »

Hello, I am new to this website. I found a Windows XP disc and I don't think it's on the archive. However, it seems to be burned on a re-writable disc, so I want to ask, do I still need a disc scan for it? :?

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Do I need a disc scanned if it's burned?

Post by mrpijey »

If it's on a CD-R then it's not original, and therefore not approved for the FTP.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

MCpillager12

Post by MCpillager12 »

tylerfunf555 wrote:Hello, I am new to this website. I found a Windows XP disc and I don't think it's on the archive. However, it seems to be burned on a re-writable disc, so I want to ask, do I still need a disc scan for it? :?
Could you post a pic of the disc? I'll try observing it and see if it is original or not.

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

MCpillager12 wrote:
tylerfunf555 wrote:Hello, I am new to this website. I found a Windows XP disc and I don't think it's on the archive. However, it seems to be burned on a re-writable disc, so I want to ask, do I still need a disc scan for it? :?
Could you post a pic of the disc? I'll try observing it and see if it is original or not.
Sorry to spoil the fun, but original discs tend not to be rewritable.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

There are very very rare cases when you come across a writable burnlab disc. But then you have to prove it's a burnlab.
But no, labs wouldn't use re-writable. I mean everything is possible, but no.

So if it bears some sort of importance and mrpijey deems it as such, worthy of the ftp (neither likely at this point given evidence/lack of), then scans are required per guidelines. Especially since it's an Xp disc and piracy+warez is all too common.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!