BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 12h, 59m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5732MB of 11249MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WinMe 4.90.3000
Hello guys:

This question is more for mrpijey, i want to contribuit with somethin new for the FTP, i saw the Contribuiton Guide, and my question is:

With my FTP account, i just create a new folder with my nickname and upload it there?
The scans are from my cellphone too, so i creat the artwork scans in JPG, the exact file that creates the cellphone, dont worry, they have a really good quality.

Thank you for you patience.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 10 1903 (18362) (19h1)
Go here servers/, click on update permissions, you should see an upload folder on your folders list, upload your contributions there.

Making Windows my slave for as long as I can remember myself :D

~Embrace new technologies, their whole purpose is to make our lives even easier!~

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
The scans need to be in PNG format. I'm not sure if there are exceptions to this rule. What phone do you use?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WinMe 4.90.3000
Iphone 8

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 am 

Favourite OS
Probably 95 or XP
iPhones take pictures in JPEG format. I have an iPhone 2G, 3GS, 5, and a 7. I also have an iPad 2017 and an iPod Touch 6th gen, and they all use the JPEG format.

mrpijey wrote:
Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.
[/color]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:17 am 
Donator

Most phones take photos in JPEG. I believe some high-end phones can also optionally save the raw data.

Artwork "scans" taken by a phone tend to be rejected due to their low quality. I don't mean this to discourage you. Try asking at school or at a library if you don't have a scanner.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:45 am 
Administrator

I see a lot of guesswork here.... people, read the guide. It's why it is there.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:46 am 
FTP Access

mrpijey wrote:
Making proper scans of my media, artwork and documentation

[...]

--------

If you do not own a scanner you need to take reference pictures with a digital camera or good cellphone. To make these pictures acceptable you need to follow the following guidelines:

• Clean all surfaces. Clean all the media and cover surfaces as well as your background surface. Grime, hair and dust is of no use.
  • Use the highest resolution of the camera. We're not interested in grainy low quality facebook-esque pictures. All the text on the media should be easily readable.
  • Take out any paper covers from the casings. No plastic casings in the photo unless the artwork is printed directly on it.
  • Use a clean white background. Use a white flat sheet of printer paper. Any completely white background works but be sure it's flat and without a glossy surface to reduce reflections from the photos.
  • Use proper light. Using a regular ceiling lamp creates a lot of reflections and glare, if possible take your photos in natural daylight or use an indirectional light source.
  • Center your artwork. Put the disc and covers in the center of the white background and photo directly from above to reduce any angles. Don't cut off any sides.
  • Photograph everything. Take photos of all covers (front and back), front manuals etc. The more the better.
  • Review your result!. Make sure your photos are not blurry, smudgy or in any way bad quality wise.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:17 pm 

Favourite OS
Debian 10, 6002, 9600
ralts123 wrote:
Hello guys:

This question is more for mrpijey, i want to contribuit with somethin new for the FTP, i saw the Contribuiton Guide, and my question is:

With my FTP account, i just create a new folder with my nickname and upload it there?
The scans are from my cellphone too, so i creat the artwork scans in JPG, the exact file that creates the cellphone, dont worry, they have a really good quality.

Same here, scanner's fuse is blown, and the only devices I have which have a camera take pics in jpg. At least it is readable.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:27 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
MCpillager12 wrote:
ralts123 wrote:
Hello guys:

Same here, scanner's fuse is blown, and the only devices I have which have a camera take pics in jpg. At least it is readable.

A fuse replacement isn't really that hard of a thing - if you know what you're doing.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Scans from Cellphone and upload        Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 pm 

Basically, high dpi scans are preferable but if the picture looks good, and the rest of the guidelines were followed correctly, it will probably be accepted.

Offtopic Comment
ATeamInc wrote:
MCpillager12 wrote:

A fuse replacement isn't really that hard of a thing - if you know what you're doing.

But it can be if you don't have the right fuse lying around, or the fuse is unlabled, or in a hard/impossible to reachplace, or it's soldered on to the board, or it's built in to the sealed power brick, or it's part of a chip and you don't know which, or if it requires a new bulb that costs more than a new scanner, or if it isn't even a blown fuse but something else, or if you just have better things to do with your time.

Top  Profile