[OFFER] VB 5.0 Learning Edition

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
ATeamInc

[OFFER] VB 5.0 Learning Edition

Post by ATeamInc »

I've just found this at a relative of mine, and it's in quite good condition. It's the full boxed set, and IIRC VB 5 is rare. Do I scan it and upload it to the ftp(at least the disks)? And for how much does this sell for(if I wanted to)?
Some quick pics:
(Sorry for the poor quality, my tablet's camera is only 8 megapixels!)

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] VB 5.0 Learning Edition

Post by mrpijey »

Please dump and scan it! Would be great if you could get the covers (front, back and ridge) of the books as well for reference.

Thanks!
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

I hope I will soon, however I can't really determine that right now (I have exams exactly one week from now so I'll try to scan it before then).

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, focus on the exams then and do the scan and disc dumps afterwards. No hurry.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

I'm almost done now, but I have a problem: the scanner at home died recently, and now I need to wait it to be fixed. I'm sorry :( , I guess they'll have to wait.
EDIT: Scanner fixed, will try to upload tomorrow.
EDIT 2: I almost finished scanning but I have some personal issues. I'll try to finish them by the end of this week.

ATeamInc

Post by ATeamInc »

Scanned and uploaded. Some notes:
I hope the artwork is properly named, couldn't really come up with great names to use.
The small box that holds all the papers and the disk cover was scanned in complete darkness. I had to do this because the box is just too thick for the scanner cover to be closed and while scanning in light the box looks greyish instead of white.
Some of the scans, particularly the box, have many small pieces of grine, but I wasn't able to clean those. I gave EVERYTHING a pretty harsh clean.
I had to compress everything using 7zip this time with Ultra LZMA2 compression since every MB matters, but only the disks were properly compressed (only 38% of original size :OD) .

I'll edit this post to add anything else that comes to mind.