[OFFER] MS Dev Security Resource Kit

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
BaRRaKudaRain42

[OFFER] MS Dev Security Resource Kit

Post by BaRRaKudaRain42 »

Hello BetaArchive! Digging up the Internet I've found interesting Microsoft DVD image. It contains Developer Security Resource Kit. Anybody knows what is this? And do BetaArchive need this file?
Life is suxxesful!

iamcypher

Re: [OFFER] MS Dev Security Resource Kit

Post by iamcypher »

It could be some NDAed APIs distributed to companies developing security software (antiviruses and firewalls). I do know that there are some internal APIs to control Action Center (formerly Security Center) which allows windows to know if the AV product is up to date or license has expired so it can notify the user. I would be very interested to take a look at it's contents.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I doubt it's any NDAd stuff, but either way, do a proper dump and scan and send it up so we can take a look at it.

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube

iamcypher

Post by iamcypher »

Apparently it's just training and tools. See this MSFT blog post: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devmkt ... evelopers/. I think it's the same as this file: http://the-eye.eu/public/MSDN/Developer ... rcekit.iso.