BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 9d, 6h, 16m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 5198MB of 11353MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:11 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 1 DR5 to 10 build 9901
Hello, I downloaded Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Internal from the FTP server. I installed it in VMware Workstation Player 12 with no problem and managed to install VMware Tools. I want to change the display language, but when I go to the Regional and Language Options, I don't see the option to change languages under the "Languages" tab. I'm assuming that you can't change the language in this particular edition of XP without using Registry Editor?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:29 am 

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP2 x64
You need to get MUI CD-ROM released especially for Windows XP. Check the FTP.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Okay, I downloaded the MUI pack from the FTP. I made sure that I got the correct version because mine included SP2 already. However, I'm getting a setup issue where I got an error code 67 saying that I can't connect to a database. I don't even know what this means.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093
Did you download a MUI pack or did you download the MUI pack?

Let me explain myself:

Windows XP MCE needs a specific MUI pack, which is called "Localization pack for Windows XP Media Center Edition". As BaRRaKudaRain42 stated, you need a special MUI pack, not just the standard MUI pack used by XP Home and Pro.

You can check this release, which contains all the localizations ever released for MCE. You can also try with this Archive.org release, which contains several individual files specific for several languages yet not all, so you might need to download the full package from the FTP at the end.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Unfortunately, it doesn't have the language I want to install (Japanese). The pack works, but I interrupted it setup by cancelling the whole thing. I don't think there is one for Japanese, is there?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:16 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn 6.0.4093
I highly suggest you to look at the database every now and then.

https://www.betaarchive.com/database/se ... C+japanese

You need both this and this.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing display language in XP MCE        Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Can I install an English MUI on top of that? If not, that's okay by me.

Top  Profile