[REQUEST] Windows 95 OSR2 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
grommit2007

[REQUEST] Windows 95 OSR2 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk

Post by grommit2007 »

Does anyone have an original, unmodified Windows 95 OSR2 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk (000-44984)?

Last edited by grommit2007 on Thu May 30, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnye_pt

Re: [REQUEST] Windows 95 OSR2 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk

Post by johnye_pt »

I was under the impression every OEM setup boot disk was different. If I'm not mistaken each manufacturer used a template floppy from the OPK where they added their own cd-rom drivers to be copied/installed to hard drive before the system rebooted, I think I once tried doing the same using the cd-rom drivers from win98 boot floppy and it did copy to hdd and recognized the cd-rom after reboot. All I could find in my hdd was the (supposedly) template for OSR1 OPK.
https://www.4shared.com/s/f6lzWLh4Xei
I used to be schizophrenic, but now we're cured.

grommit2007

Re: [REQUEST] Windows 95 OSR2 CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk

Post by grommit2007 »

johnye_pt wrote:I was under the impression every OEM setup boot disk was different. If I'm not mistaken each manufacturer used a template floppy from the OPK where they added their own cd-rom drivers to be copied/installed to hard drive before the system rebooted, I think I once tried doing the same using the cd-rom drivers from win98 boot floppy and it did copy to hdd and recognized the cd-rom after reboot. All I could find in my hdd was the (supposedly) template for OSR1 OPK.
https://www.4shared.com/s/f6lzWLh4Xei
I'm looking for the original, unmodified CD-ROM Setup Boot Disk that came bundled with copies of Windows 95 OSR2. The one you posted is similar to it, except that the one I mentioned contains DOS 7.1 from Windows 95 OSR2. (which supports FAT32 hard drives over 2.1 GB).