VMWare Tools Whisler

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
TheCharizard31

VMWare Tools Whisler

Post by TheCharizard31 »

Someone knows when I will stop to create topic to ask for help with VMWare tools ?

Hello.

I'm testing Whistler Build 2257 and when I try to install VMware Tools, it says Windows wasn't able to process the application binding information.

I looked in many place (including this).

I changed also the compability mode in the vmx file to 5.

So what's the right method to install VMWare Tools in Build 2257 ?

TheCharizard31

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Re: VMWare Tools Whisler

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

Try installing it on real hardware.
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

beta.a.brian

Post by beta.a.brian »

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN wrote:Try installing it on real hardware.
Not everybody has a machine from that era.
OP, you don't have to use VMWare Tools, but the video and audio driver packs on thecollectionbook.info are useful, since you can install them via device manager.
#8032forbrian came true

TheCharizard31

Post by TheCharizard31 »

It's the device called "TCB VMware Graphics Card Drivers Pack" ?
If yes, still not works, I get a -10 (Device cannot start) when installs.

So ?

xyz

Post by xyz »

VMware and VirtualBox are both not compatible with Windows Betas prior to XP RTM, try PCem in P2-300 Emulation Mode instead.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Post by DVINTHEHOUSEMAN »

VMware works fine with 2542
DV
Go check me out on YouTube!

mrpijey wrote:Or someone slipped on a banana peel, fell backwards and accidently hit both the betaarchive.com and "DDoS Express" buttons at the same time.

SistemaRayoXP

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

xyz wrote:VMware and VirtualBox are both not compatible with Windows Betas prior to XP RTM, try PCem in P2-300 Emulation Mode instead.
That's an assumption, not a fact. It's true that betas on modern VMware & VBox don't work as good as in PCem, 86Box, VPC, just to name a few. But is false to say that they simply plain don't work. They are more difficult to install, yes, but not impossible.

DJ Deedahx
Donator

Post by DJ Deedahx »

xyz wrote:VirtualBox are both not compatible with Windows Betas prior to XP RTM
Actually, that's incorrect. Around six years ago, I remembered messing with Whistler build 2462 on VirtualBox and, if my memory isn't failing me, even got VirtualBox Guest Additions to work. And keep in mind that this was in the era of VirtualBox 4.2.x where things were(n't) simpler back then when it came to beta virtualization in general...
DDX — 86Box Staff/Power User & YouTube Channel Manager

bingohuanj

Post by bingohuanj »

Why not try to extract the drivers you need and install them one by one?Vmware Tools seems to be unfriendly with most windows beta but the drivers are not.

wyf180

Post by wyf180 »

Trying to install Windows 2000 and install VMware tools first, than update to Whisler.

vlad557776

Post by vlad557776 »

Just installed some build of Whistler and it gave me the same error. Fixed that by installing not the VMware Tools, but only the videodrivers from TCB VMware Drivers pack. I just went to Device Manager, found Video controller (VGA-compatible), clicked Reinstall driver and pointed the driver search path to D: with TCB VMware Drivers ISO in. It found VMware SVGA driver, the screen flickered for a few seconds - and, boom, I have 32-bit color. Then I went to Display Settings and changed the screen resolution.
The developer of Win1 Packet - https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40233
The developer of IM1024 INSTALL.BAT Patch: https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewt ... 59&t=40317