[OFFER] PlayStation 3 SDK

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
jack23247

[OFFER] PlayStation 3 SDK

Post by jack23247 »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to BetaArchive (yet a long time lurker). While searching for PSP SDKs I saw that you're collecting Sony SDKs here too.

I have collected a complete PlayStation 3 SDK some time ago for my DECR-1000A. The package includes the full set of Sony tools, ProDG tools, Visual Studio Integration, demos and a couple of versions of PhyreEngine. A handful of DECR PUPs is included as well.

I won't have access to my main PC for a couple days but I'll get a full software listing with version numbers as soon as possible.

Regards,
~jack23247

gtgamer468

Re: [OFFER] PlayStation 3 SDK

Post by gtgamer468 »

I know that I'm going off-topic here, but doesn't the RPCS3 development team uses the PS3 SDK? I'm an avid user of the PS3 emulator as I never got to enjoy playing PS3 games because I never had a PS3. Anyways, this SDK is certainly acceptable as many other consoles' SDKs ended up in the FTP server like the PS2, the original Xbox, and other consoles.

mibrab

Post by mibrab »

The question here is whether or not it could be considered as supported software, since the PS3 is still getting system updates and PSN works there too
Also known as Cvolton elsewhere...

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

It's true that the PS3 still gets updates, but PSN servers for many games already shutted down not to mention DLCs can no longer be obtainable in many games. It's also possible that version 4.84 might be the last update ever for the PS3. Sony's top priorties are currently the PS4, but that will change with rumors of a next-gen console and their partnership with Microsoft.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well as long as PS3 is being supported we will not put up any PS3 content on BetaArchive. This is one of the main requirements for all the contents we store in our archives.

You can upload it to the FTP if you wish and I will archive it until the day Sony pulls the plug on PS3 entirely, or you upload it when that happens. PM me or get in touch with me on Discord if you need help with anything.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

jack23247

Post by jack23247 »

Software listing as promised:

Code: Select all

Tools:
- PS3 SDK 3.70 (2011-10)
- PhyreEngine 3.0.0.6
- PhyreEngine 3.1.5.0
- ProDG 4.20.1

Dependencies:
- NVidia Cg Toolkit 3.1 (April 2012)
- DirectX SDK (June 2010)
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Target:
- PS3 CP Update 240.001
- PS3 DECR Update 3.55.001
- PS3 DECR Update 4.60.001
This is the SDK checklist:
can't upload pictures yet
mrpijey wrote:Well as long as PS3 is being supported we will not put up any PS3 content on BetaArchive. This is one of the main requirements for all the contents we store in our archives.

You can upload it to the FTP if you wish and I will archive it until the day Sony pulls the plug on PS3 entirely, or you upload it when that happens. PM me or get in touch with me on Discord if you need help with anything.

Fine by me, I'm glad I can help. I believe there are no official EOL dates for the PS3 yet, though.
gtgamer468 wrote:I know that I'm going off-topic here, but doesn't the RPCS3 development team uses the PS3 SDK?
I have no direct experience with RPCS3, but the documentation and headers in the PS3 SDK are probably the only way to get reliable insight on the hardware. Besides, while you could use GCC (Sony includes it in the SDK) for the SPU, I don't think there are any oss toolchains for the SPUs available. As for the headers, it would surely be illegal to distribute copyrighted software so I don't think they are using them (except for documentation purposes)

pool7

Post by pool7 »

Offtopic Comment
It is highly unlikely RPCS3 team uses or refers to the official PS3 SDK, as that would get Sony's lawyers attention (I think something like this happened with a N64 emulator whose devs used the official N64 SDK and some other confidential files as references).
There were several versions of the PS3 SDK leaked in the past, some complete.

jack23247

Post by jack23247 »

I can now upload photos and send PMs.

SDK contents:
mrpijey wrote:PM me or get in touch with me on Discord if you need help with anything.
I'll send you a PM in the following days, thank you!

gtgamer468

Post by gtgamer468 »

So that's where RSX comes from. I was interested to seeing where the RPCS3 team got that name from.